Chapter Two - Small Smiles

~~~ Now playing: Friends by Chase Atlantic ~~~

~~~Play/Pause ~~~

Amethyst's POV:

I stare at the green haired boy - at Midomida Shintaro. His outstretched hand is still in front of my face, so I grab it and he hauls me up. He's strong, his grip is firm.

"A-Amethyst Azalea." I say, bowing my head. I'm not sure if my introduction was formal enough. What if he thinks I am an idiot? My stuttering must make him think that I'm dull and I can't hold a conversation! Oh, this is going terribly. I should just go back to being home schooled again. It would be much easier, it seems.

"Come with me then, Azalea-chan." Midomida clicks his tongue at me, encouraging me to hurry along.

We reached an office in no time, but I realised my hand is still enveloped in his. My face reddens at the thought of holding a hand with a boy, someone of the opposite gender, but then again, it means nothing. I used to hold hands all the time with my friends back in England and America. It was never a bother then, so it should be fine now, right?

Besides, Midomida would have pulled his hand away if he was uncomfortable, if this was strange, right?

...Right?

Of course! I should stop overthinking all of these little, trivial things.

My brother says that it's my worst characteristic, along with my quick and violent temper. I constantly overthink things. I overplan things. If things don't go exactly to my plan, I will get upset very easily. My ADHD sucks.

"We have arrived at the office. Pick your size and get changed quickly, Azalea-chan." Midomida says, his voice indifferent.

"Hai." I say, quietly leaving, my hand slipping from his. I already miss his warmth, but I'm not about to admit that, am I? It's a sign of weakness, to miss the touch of a person, especially a boy, and I will not have people thinking I am weak. They will only take advantage of me. I must keep my guard up, even around those who are as seemingly kind as Midomida Shintaro.

I look around the small room. There are different types of uniform everywhere, from skirts to shirts to blazers, all in a range of sizes too. I pick out my size shirt, skirt and blazer and begin my hunt for tights.

Five minutes later, I come to the realisation that there are none. What type of school doesn't have tights in their spare clothes room? I ask myself, exasperated by the strange phenomenon. It seems I will be wearing socks then. It's a shame, they show off so much skin. I dislike that, but at least they'll cover my calves.

I get changed quickly, not wanting to waste a minute in such a dingy room. It's so small, and it smells rather... unpleasant.

I leave, and am surprised to see Midomida waiting outside for me. My face remains a mask of cool collectiveness but I really didn't expect him to wait for me.

"You look... pretty." The green haired boy says, his voice faltering, a pink dust littering his cheeks. My eyes widen in response, but I calm myself again. He looks down at my legs, seeing them not covered. The short skirt doesn't help either. I blush myself, smoothing down my skirt, as if it will somehow make it longer.

"It's a uniform, it's not supposed to look pretty." I say wearily.

"Of course," Midomida replies. "Let us go then, Azalea-chan."

"Amethyst. Call me Amethyst." I retort, giving him a small smile.

Maybe this school won't be so bad after all.

What did you think of this one?

Sooo, character backstory and development to be revealed soon but I thought that Amethyst slowly warming up to Midomida would be enough for now! The first of the Miracles! The perfect one for her to be first introduced to!

I might make a playlist for this soon... Or add a song at the top that goes with each chapter. What do you think of this idea?

Listened to Bruno Mars and One Direction while writing this... Cheesy, I know. BUT IT WAS A PLAYLIST CALLED "Falling in Love" OF COURSE THEY'RE GONNA BE ON THERE!

HE'S JUST GOT SUCH A CUTE SMILE GUYS HE'S SO CUTE >:o

Not as cute as Midomida though >:D

Off I pop then!

Vote, comment or whatever!

BYE!!

- NY3TR0_