Saying Bye Like A Mob

"Talk"

'Thought'
______________
"Well Mother and Father, it's about time that I leave and become an independent Adventurer."

Claire stood beside a carriage that was ready to depart, wearing dark blue and white clothing, carrying a travel bag over her shoulder, and saying her goodbyes to her father and mother, who were supporting her choices and ready to see her go on her own.

"Please stay safe out there and I hope you make many friends out there~"

"And remember, there is no shame in retiring early, especially if you make a lot of money~"

The mother and father gave their final words of good luck and sent off messages, to which their daughter just nodded and smiled in response, though it quickly turned into a frown as she looked around and noticed something was wrong.

"Where's Cid? Shouldn't he be here to see his big Sis go off to do something incredible and amazing?"

Claire was about to become very angry and extremely upset if she didn't see her brother here and give him a bunch of hugs and kisses; she wanted him to beg her to stay and tell her he would miss her - she deserved that much from her sibling.

"Oh, he said he would give you before you could leave."

"Right, something like a goodbye gift I believe."

What the mother and father said definitely caught their daughters' attention and caused them to gasp softly.

"A-A goodbye gift?"

All the negative feelings were instantly replaced with something that made Claire's heart skip a beat and filled her face with a light blush.

'M-My Brother is actually giving me something that will show how much he loves me and will always miss me?...'

Before Claire could say anything overexaggerated, or overthink something so simple, she quickly spotted a certain young boy with black hair while he held a small box that was nearly wrapped up like a present

"Hi Sis, I'm finally here-"

"WHAT DID YOU GIVE ME?!"

Before Cid could say or do anything, he was immediately pushed away by Claire as she took the gift from his hand; she intently looked at the box, as if she was holding something that was worth millions. She breathed heavily and blushed more, clearly the knowledge alone of her holding the item in question was enough to make her the happiest she had ever been.

"Why don't you open it Sis?"

She looked at Cid, who was currently bleeding a lot from her pushing him away, but no one seemed to care about that, so no one bothered with that; he just looked at her with a smile that showed kindness and admiration for her. She nodded gently to his request before looking back at what she was holding and starting to carefully open the box, making sure not to mess it up the container, and once she opened it, she couldn't help but gasp in shock at what was inside.

"I-Its beautiful~..."

Claire carefully pulled out a very lovely black ribbon, with elegant red designs and symbols on the fabric; despite its simplicity, it looked beyond expensive in both quality and nature.

"It's a good luck charm I made for you, so that you can never get hurt and always live peacefully!~"

This only made her be more careful and cherish the item even more; the very idea of him making her something so amazing was enough to make her legs shake weakly.

"I will never take this off, not even when I take a bath or wash my hands."

Then Claire hugged her brother very tightly, not caring if bloodstains appeared on her clean clothes or if her hugs were quite literally crushing his back.