A deliberate choice

Hi! This is my new Luuta fic!
This time I'm writing while caught up with One Piece, so I have a better knowledge! I decided to try the setting of parenthood, one very hard to pull off without making characters too much... ooc?
Luffy especially. I don't see him as one who would try actively having a child, just like I didn't see him marrying... unless in special circumstances. I took it as a challenge and tried to create these circumstances, all with my beloved Luuta!

This fic will have slight mentions of sexual activities. Nothing will be shown, but there will be a few jokes and mentions here and there, mostly in the first chapters.

Before leaving you to the read, just want to leave here a link for a Luuta Discord Server! This ship fandom is very small outside Japan, so I thought it would be nice to have a place to talk about it (while we hope for Uta to come back in the manga... someday).
https://discord.gg/96gSXzbc

Please make sure to read the rules when entering!

"Shanks, you're my dad, right?" A small, innocent voice asked.

The red-haired pirate cast a gentle glance towards the little girl, then leaned down to her height and placed his hands on her hips. With obvious ease he lifted her off the ground, placing her on the back of his arm and letting her slender arms wrap around his neck. "Of course"

"So..." Uta pursed her lips, clearly thoughtful "Where is your wife?"

"Huh...?"

For a moment, the pirate found himself taken aback, unable to give an immediate answer. To accompany the daughter's wait for an answer, it was only the sound of the waves of the sea.

After a couple of minutes, Uta got tired of waiting "The one who would be my mom. If I have a dad, it means I also have a mom, right? And the mothers are the ones who marry the fathers!"

Shanks stifled a chuckle, just trying to keep from coloring his cheeks the same color as his hair "I'm not married Uta"

"Oh, you're not?" She tilted her head slightly.

"No" he confirmed, nodding "You must know that not all those who are married have children, just as not all those who have children get married."

The little girl's face swelled slightly, showing two chubby cheeks and big eyes full of uncertainty "They don't?"

"All families are different. There are children who have two fathers, or two mothers, there are others who have none and those who still only have one parent"

"Like me?"

"Like you." For a moment, Shanks' face seemed to darken slightly, trying to hold back the nod of concern that had arisen in him "Do you mind it?"

With a prompt answer, Uta quickly shook her head. "No! Because it means that nobody will take you away from me!" she proclaimed with such trepidation, tightening her grip around Shanks just a little tighter, as if she wanted to embrace him and keep him all to herself.

"Ah, so you're just worried about sharing me!" the red-haired pirate laughed "And aren't you worried about the others in the crew? You know how we say, the bigger the family, the better it is!"

"Nah, the uncles are fine, when they don't get drunk..." she grunted as she squeezed her nose, almost as if she could smell the alcohol reaching her nostrils. Even if she was used to it, she hated the smell of alcohol, just as she hated that, when in that state, the pirates of the crew didn't pay her the slightest attention, too busy fooling around and sleeping in the strangest poses.