Chapter 18

The bat had gotten stuck in a commode, apparently he had one girl so scared that she knocked him into a toilet but luckily she didn't stay behind to flush him. Lucy gagged when she saw the bat squiring about in the can and realized what she was going to have to do.

"Fishing a bat out of a toilet." She said making rubber gloves magically appear on her hands. "My life has reached an all time low."

Her gloved hands plucked the soggy bat from the commode and when he didn't move, she gave him a little poke.

"Hey, are you alive or what?" She asked.

The bat suddenly started to cough up water and when he became oriented again, he jumped from her hand and took the form of Natsu. Natsu who was now soaked in toilet water, which made this all the more embarrassing for him.

"Oh hi Lucy." He grinned nervously.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lucy asked him. "And why are you walking around during the daytime? You're a vampire. You should be disintegrating into ash right now."

"Unless of course I wear this."

Natsu produced a tube from his shirt and handed it to her Lucy.

"Anti-Solar?" She read the label.

"It's sunblock for vampires. My brother invented it." Natsu explained. "It gives every species of nosferatu, a coating that reflects all forms of solar energy away from their bodies. Cool huh?"

"Impressive." She admitted. "So why are you here? Even if you have a way to protect yourself from the sun, it's still dangerous for you to appear in the mortal realm like this. Surely you know how mortals feel about the supernatural? And what are you doing flying around in the girls bathroom, you pervert?"

Natsu blushed.

"First of all, flying in here specifically was an accident. Zeref's sunblock may prevent me from getting fried like an egg, but it's still hard for me to see in the sunlight. Second, I came to here to make amends for the last accident I caused. You know, when I flew into your face and caused you to crash into a dumpster?"

His blush increased and he rubbed the back of his neck nervously, recalling the rather embarrassing mistake.

"Make amends?" Lucy said skeptically. "How?"

For a moment he heard a voice in his head speak to him. A voice that sounded very much like his brother's and it was telling him that he shouldn't be doing this. That pursuing a witch, especially one that comes from the Fiore bloodline was just asking for trouble. According to both monsters, magic-users, and even mortals, if any man dared to take up a Fiore woman, he would live briefly in the euphoria of her love until meeting an untimely and tragic fate. This was mostly due to Anna, her daughter, and her granddaughters having a past of getting back at those who were foolish enough to break their hearts. But despite the rumors, Natsu was still drawn to Lucy beyond all reason. He was so gone, he couldn't come back if he wanted to.

"Well tomorrow night is a blood moon and do you...Do you know what happens in the Other Realm when there's a blood moon?"

Now back in the day, in the Mortal Realm, it was believed that a blood moon was when witches, vampires, werewolves, goblins, and other creatures would gather together to hunt for human flesh or cast wicked spells. So the mortal women and children would spend the nights safely hidden in their homes while the mortal men would go out to protect their villages and towns from these threats by either slaying the creatures or leaving them offerings. But in the Other Realm, these creatures would gather together and throw wild and thrilling celebrations. Ones with bonfires, dancing, and music. It was basically their way of being proud of their race as opposed to how the mortals viewed them.