Chapter 5: Problems

Ciel's POV:

I walked into the house and went to my room, I figured my dad was just still at work since his car wasn't in the driveway.

I opened my laptop and started playing a playlist I usually listen to. The first song that came on was Bad Company by Five Finger Death Punch, I smiled a little at it and checked my phone notifications before slipping my phone in my pocket and walked downstairs to get a soda from the fridge. I heard my music faintly in the background as I strolled into the kitchen.

I looked around the fridge before grabbing a can of Cola and setting it on the counter, with one hand I popped the tab up and opened the can. I took a sip of it and let the cold liquid fill my parched mouth, I took another sip and heard a door from upstairs slam shut, I no longer heard music. I furrowed my brows and looked in the cabinet that had wine in it, I noticed a bottle of tequila was gone.

I sighed and before calling out, "Father?" I was hesitant to ask knowing that if he was drunk, I'm the one that'll pay for it.

It's always unpredictable what he will do when he's drunk. He hadn't been drinking as much until he found out my aunt, Angelina Dallas lost her baby in a car accident; we were in London when we heard about it. Although my aunt was my mother's sister, he cares for her deeply, more than a step sister.

My dad thinks I'm blind, that I don't notice the way he always looked at her. If she was so special to him, why did he ask to marry my mom?

My father came down the stairs and into the kitchen before I noticed, and he suddenly brought his hand hard across my face, I stood there shocked a bit as my left cheek stung.

"Hm?" I looked up at him, not showing the pain.

He slapped me harder, I winced and stepped away from him.

"What makes you think you can just play music like that?" He asked, angry, his words slurred a bit.

"I always play music dad."

He grabbed my collar, "You're late." He was trying to find a way to blame something on me.

"I was walking with a new friend from school."

"Who?"

"Sebastian."

He got angrier if possible and he slammed my back against the wall, my small frame was easy for him to keep off the ground three feet.

"Why are you hanging out with a guy named Sebastian?! That's a saints name!"

"Let go of me!" I struggled in his grip.

He had his thumb on my neck, he pressed down, making me unable to breath correctly, I yelled, "S-Stop hurting m-me! Y-You aren't yourself r-right now! Why are drinking over someone e-else's kid?! And h-hurting your own?!"

I crossed a line I know I did, because he threw my small body down and into a wall, I groaned and tried to get up.

He grabbed me by my neck and pulled me to him, "Don't you ever speak like that to me again! You got it?"

I nod and he lets go of me, I dropped onto the floor and coughed up a few drops of blood, my dad just stormed back upstairs and locked his door to his room.

I heard a knock on the door and called from where I was, "Who is it?"

I heard Sebastian's voice and told him to just come in, he asked where I was I told him the kitchen and he ran over time when he saw me.

"What happened to you?!" He asked concerned.

"I-I c-crossed the l-line with my d-dad..." I choked out weakly, my voice went hoarse because I kept coughing.

"Come on....I'll take you to my house, it's safe there..." He lifted me up bridal style, I whimpered and moved closer to him, I was shaking, he walked out of the house with me and looked both ways before walking across the street.

He walked into his house and closed the door with his foot. "Mom, I need some help please!" Sebastian called out, his mother, a woman with pitch black hair to her shoulder blades came around the corner from what I think was the kitchen and saw me in Sebastian's arms and walked over confused.

"What happened to him?" She asked.

"He got in a fight, this is Ciel, Ciel this is my mom,Amanda."

"Hello...." I said quietly so my voice didn't waver.

"It's nice to meet you, now let's get you cleaned up sweetie." Her voice was gentle, something I wasn't as used to as I should be.

I didn't want Sebastian to let go of me, I lightly gripped his shirt and kept to his body, I knew I could trust Sebastian.

This all just seems like a fairy tail.....