first love

Vflower had been your friend all your life. She was everything to you and you were about to confess your feelings to her. Around lunch, you texted her to meet you at a cafe later and she agreed. Once you two were there, you finally spoke. "Vflower... I love you." The world went silent around you as she processed what you just said. You weren't sure if she heard you or not because her silence unnerved you and you started stuttering. "Um, well, um—" "I love you too." Your jaw dropped in shock. "Oh." Silence fell over you again before Vflower continued. "Will you be my partner?" You couldn't believe it. "Of course!" Her face lit up and she kissed you passionately. It lasted for about 10 seconds, but that was all the time you needed to get lost in each other. After she broke away, you leaned your forehead against hers. "You're my best friend ever."
You sat together on the steps of the cafe watching people pass by. The air was warm and filled with the smell of freshly cut grass, leaves, and flowers from the nearby forest. In the background, a group of children played kickball. A few parents sat outside their homes watching the game along with their kids. You both watched them for awhile as well until an older boy came out of his house. He waved and shouted something at you. As you looked around to figure out where he was coming from, the other parent got up and walked over to him.
You two decided to part ways for the day as the sun was starting to set.
A few days later, nearing the end of your work shift you texted Vflower to see if you could stay at her place. She texted back, "Of course you are always welcome." Once you finished up you drove to her house and went inside. "Sorry if this was so sudden, today was just rough" you explained to her.
She smiled reassuringly and asked you to sit down on the couch while she made you some tea. When she came back to sit next to you, she took your hand in hers. "You know that if you need me, I am there." You nodded. "Thank you for being willing to help me through these difficult times." She squeezed your hand before kissing it. "And thank you for accepting me," she whispered into it. You leaned over to kiss her cheek, smiling the whole time. "Anytime." The rest of the day was spent in comfortable silence and comfort. That is, until you both got hungry. So Vflower let you order pizza. Once you ate it, you felt better than you have ever felt.
It wasn't long before you were snuggling on her bed, her head in your lap, listening to music. You absentmindedly combed your fingers through her hair. Every once in a while she'd turn and plant a kiss on your palm or forearms. Your eyes closed peacefully and you didn't even notice when you fell asleep.
You woke up slowly the next morning, feeling more rested than you have in months. You blinked slowly and tried to open your eyes. "Hmm..." Vflower's voice brought you back to reality and you immediately realized what you had been doing. "Ahh, sorry, we fell asleep didn't we?" You laughed slightly. "I should probably go home." She nodded in agreement. "Yes, that is if you feel obligated too. Feel free to stay here as long as you'd like." You grinned and kissed the top of her head. "Thanks for letting me stay." You got up from the bed and put on your shoes. As you grabbed your bag off the floor and turned to look at Vflower one last time, she suddenly stood and wrapped her arms tightly around you. Your eyes widened in surprise. "What are you—?" Before you could finish asking her question you felt her lips on yours. After you regained yourself, she pulled away and gave you a wink. "Get home safely, okay?" "Yeah, yeah, I will." You smiled and exited the apartment.
Vflower smiled. She was happy that she finally knew what that little kiss had meant to you. The rest of the week passed by fairly uneventfully. You texted Vflower once or twice a day with updates on how work was going and if any events had come up. She also replied with occasional short responses about her job or how she wanted to spend time with you. On Friday night you two went back to Vflower's apartment and cuddled on the couch before falling back asleep and spending the weekend in each other's arms. This was something you two hadn't done before, but neither of you minded, really. All you wanted to do was spend as much time with her as possible. You hoped you could keep this up forever. One day you may wake up and not think about because you become so accustomed. But, you hoped for the chance to experience something more with one another.