Chapter : 7 : Problems

The next day, the hybrid arrived at school at the same time as Scott and Stiles did. He walked up to them,

"found anything?"

"Oh yeah," Scott grinned

"we're meeting up at Derek's tonight. You're invited, of course. You're one of us now."

"That was quick. Just yesterday, you didn't trust me now look at you, warming up to me." Ryan mused as the three boys entered the school.

"Well it's less getting close to you and more of the more muscle the less death concept..."

Stiles said with grim smile .

"Yeah no thank you, you can go and do you little mission all on you own "

The hybrid just shook his head and started to move forward when his eyes fell on Lydia who was already looking at him. She offered him a smile which he returned before deciding to make his way towards her, ignoring the looks the two boys were sending him.

They decided to follow him as well, approaching Lydia.

"Hey, Lydia." Stiles greeted with a cheeky grin on his lips. Lydia narrowed her eyes at him, returning his greeting nonetheless

"Hi, Stiles."

"Whatcha doin’?"

"I'm about to go to English class,"

The strawberry blonde replied, her eyes going to Ryan who had walked over to his locker and was now taking out his other books except english, stuffing them inside.

"Us too," Stiles grinned, having noticed her stare on the hybrid

"we can go together. Ryan, you coming?"

"Yeah," he walked back to them

"let's go."

The four made their way to English class which was pretty boring. The hybrid barely paid attention to what was being said as he was busy trying not to fall asleep.

"Hey," Lydia whispered from beside him. He turned to look at her, his face holding a questioning look, "yeah?"

"You wanna—" she paused when the teacher's eyes landed on her and pretended like she was paying attention to what was being said and once she adverted her eyes, Lydia looked back at Reid, "— hang out later?"

"When's later?" He asked and when she was about to look at him again, he was quick to say, "don't look at me. Talk, I'm listening."

"Right," she cleared her throat, lowering her voice

"I forgot about this hearing thing. Say, after school?"

"Okay," he leaned back in his seat as she spoke

"I'll see you outside. I need a ride, anyway. Allison's got stuff to do and my car's still being repaired."

"Do you know what stuff?"

"Uh—" Lydia dug her mind to simplify the story

"something about a bank."

He only hummed at that then decided to give the teacher his attention for the rest of the class. Soon enough, the bell rang, announcing the end of the period. Students were quick to rush out of the class, each wanting to attend to their own things.

Ryan went to attend his next classes and before he knew it, he was done for the day. There was no feeling similar to the one of being finally done with a long tiring day at school. To him, it was one of the best feelings ever.