The Black Knights

After leaving the village, Jack and the man continued on their journey. They traveled through dense forests, across raging rivers, and over treacherous mountains.

One day, as they were crossing a vast plain, they saw a group of riders approaching them from the distance. As they drew closer, Jack could see that they were heavily armed, and he felt a sense of unease.

The man remained calm, however, and approached the riders with confidence. As they drew near, the leader of the group dismounted and approached them.

"Greetings, travelers," he said, his voice deep and commanding. "I am Kael, leader of the Black Knights. What brings you to our lands?"

The man introduced himself and explained that they were simply passing through. Kael eyed them suspiciously but eventually allowed them to continue on their way.

As they traveled on, Jack couldn't help but wonder who the Black Knights were and why Kael had been so wary of them. The man remained tight-lipped, however, and refused to say anything more on the subject.

As the days passed, Jack continued to feel a sense of unease. He knew that they were in dangerous territory and that the Black Knights could be lurking around any corner.

One night, as they were setting up camp, they were attacked by a group of hooded figures. Jack fought bravely, but he was outnumbered, and the attackers managed to overpower him.

He was tied up and thrown into a wagon, along with the man. They were taken to a large castle, where they were thrown into a cell.

For days, they languished in the dungeon, unsure of what was going to happen to them. But then, one day, they were summoned to the throne room, where Kael was waiting for them.

"Greetings, travelers," he said, his voice cold and calculating. "I have a proposition for you. Join me, and I will spare your lives."

Jack and the man exchanged a glance, and Jack knew that they had no choice but to accept. They agreed to join Kael, and he gave them a task to complete.

If they succeeded, he promised to let them go free. But if they failed, he would kill them both.

Jack and the man knew that they were taking a huge risk, but they had no choice. They accepted the task and set out to complete it, unsure of what their future held.