You Should Probably Leave

Like a devil on my shoulder you keep whisperin' in my ear

And it's gettin' kinda hard for me to do the right thing here

I wanna do the right thing, baby

Sun on your skin, 6 a.m.

And I been watchin' you sleep

And honey, I'm so afraid

You're gonna wake up and say

That you should probably leave

--Chris Stapleton

CW: Mentions of Blood, Descriptions of Stitches/Wounds

Dedicated to the one and only @sjwattpad. Happy (belated shhh) Birthday NightHawk. <3 

This just in—we've been getting reports of bombing around Hell's Kitchen this evening. Authorities say that the party responsible for these random attacks is none other than Frank Castle also known as the vigilante The Punisher. Authorities say there were numerous eye witness accounts of a man matching Castle's description fleeing each blast zone.

We have been advised to warn the public that Castle is armed and dangerous. If you see him please contact local police and do not engage.

Georgia's finger hovered over the power button on her remote as photos and horribly blurry security footage flashes over her tv screen. There was no way it was him. Frank had left months ago without so much as a goodbye and she knew him well enough that bombings weren't his style.

More news junkets began flooding through. Assumptions of Frank were thrown about along with conspiracy theories and bogus witnesses who just wanted their fifteen minutes of fame.

Her blood began to boil at the idea of him being used as a scapegoat, again.

Finally her finger fell and the tv screen went black. Georgia sat with the idea that he was back, not home but back. She forced herself up and out of her couch where she had been glued for the past three hours flipping through the news channels for anything that seemed off or any new information she could ingest. Making her way upstairs she started her nightly routine every tiny moment and piece of information floating around in her head as she did. A wave of relief washed over her even though she knew she shouldn't let it. They were rumors, there was no truth in those photos or footage that proved he was alive.