chapter two

Y/n's pov

I feel like I'm being watched. I know it's just because I'm in a new place and my brain is playing tricks on me.

I continue though the woods until I find a clearing. I find a log right by the entrance. I sit.

I can do this thing. It's weird. But sometimes I need to. I close my eyes and sit criss-cross-apple-sause. I focus on my hand. I Invision a ball of light. And when I reopen my eyes its there. In my hand. A ball of silver light.

I turn it into a fish and have it swim around my fingers. Then I make it morph into a bubble that I pop with my finger. I needed to get that energy out. It feels good. But now I'm tired. And cold. But it's like after a run, when your body is sore but it thanks you for taking care of it. I check the time. I have thirty minutes to make my way back to the 'mystery shack' where I'll be staying for this summer. 

I follow my foot prints back to the 'bridge' that I found earlier. I cross and follow the path back to the shack.

When I get there stan explains that dipper and Mable will be running the gift shop with Wendy, a girl with red hair who exclusively wears flannels. But, I will be running tours when stan dosent want to.  So I'm getting paid minimum wage to lie to people. I guess I also live here but damn. It kinda sucks. We start tomorrow. Great.

I offer to cook dinner. Aka I don't wanna get food poisoning from expired spam, which takes up most of the storage in the kitchen. Stan gives me the go ahead to start dinner and I happy take it.

I find a box of spaghetti noodles and some ground beef. Spaghettis and meatballs. Easy. But I do make a grocery list for Stan. I'll ask him about it later. I also find some marinara sauce. It will work nicely.

I need to defrost the ground beef. How will I do that quickly..hmm I wonder..

I close my eyes and picture a small fire on the tip of my finger. When I open my eyes it is there.

I gasp. Holy shit. I did not expect that... It's fine.

I quicky defrost the beef and season it before making little balls and boiling them, when there cooking I heat up the water for the noodles and the marinara sauce.

I quickly throw everything in the paper bowls that I found in the cupboard.

"DINNER" I yell as I set the table with the bowls and plastic forks and paper napkins.

"Oi, what did you make?" Stan says, poking his head into the dinning room.

"Just spaghetti and meatballs. Nothing special. But I hope you'll like it!"

"Yeah yeah," he says sitting down and picking up his fork.

"Wait for dipper and Mable. And go wash your hands." As he gets up dipper and Mable come in.

"Did you-" I start

"Yes." They say at the same time, already knowing how I run dinner.

Stan comes back in and we all sit down. It's weirdly nice.

''now everyone can eat." I say with a smile.

Stan digs in and it takes everything in me not to smack him.

''wow squirt this is good!'' Stan says happily.

"Yeah so I was thinking that I could cook dinner every night, it's just summing that I like to do and like-"

"Say not more!" He cuts me off "your now the chef!"

"Ok, well I did make a grocery list for the rest of the week so one of us will have to go to the market.''

We continue with our meal in peace. But I can't get my mind off of my finger fire. I volunteer Stan for dishes, aka picking up our bowls and throwing them in the trash. And say that I'm heading to my room.

It's only six, so I have a few hours before I want to sleep. It's perfect to experiment.

I grab my backpack, pull out my laptop and quickly log in. I open Google and pull up a new tab. I quickly type 'telekinesis' into the search bar and hit enter. I don't find much, only a few pages about the meaning, a few about dnd, few about magic, and the most helpful a webpage by some physic in new Orleans. In her bio she talks about how she can move and make things with her mind. She explains the sensation and how it feels like a sport or exercise.

I dig deeper into the page and find a link to a YouTube channel that she runs. It's really helpful. She talks and talks and talks. But I'm a good listener. I decided to try something.

I sit in the middle of my room, on a small rug. And close my eyes. I picture a wand on the floor in front of me. I picture a willow tree. I picture carving of the moon and stars and patterns of hands. Each detail is unique to me. And then I put everything together. The dark wood of a willow tree. a handle with a nib. A line of amethyst on the handle. Carvings of things that only I can picture. I focus all of my energy and reach out my hand. I feel light wood and leather wrapped around the grip. When I open my eyes I find my wand.

Holy shit.

According to this account, this can help me learn magic. This is my key to the spiritual world. Woah.

~~bills pov~~

My suspicions have been confirmed. My moon has magic. Strong magic. magic that could either help me concur the human realm, or completely destroy me. And I aim for option one.

Y/n, moon, is up till the early hours of the morning messing around. It's almost one am when they curl up into their bed. And even then the have a hard time falling asleep. This will be difficult if they sleep like this every night. But it's fine, I can make dreams seem like days, years even. So it's fine. It's almost three when the actually fall asleep. That cannot be healthy. It's not like it matters to me. 

Once they drift into sleep I put my hand on their head. I find myself in a nightmare. They are curled in a ball. Crying.

"Nono no no no..wait wait.." they mumble. "THIS ISNT REAL" they yell and there's light. When I reopen my eye the world is just a beach.

How did they do that? Lucid dreaming, most take a long time to learn. but this is often associated with magic so that's..fine.

I allow myself to appear in my human form.

"Hello moon!"

"I didn't make you?"

"No of course not. I'm a dream demon. Welcome to gravity falls by the way. Your gonna have a adventure this summer. And I'm here to help you. Would you like to make a deal?"

An

Chapter two whores.

1196 words