A new day - 1

The annoying alarm went off. A new day was here and it would be better than the last! Kiyo sluggishly got up to get dressed and eat breakfast. The time was 5:20, he . to leave soon or he would be "late"

"Kiyo sweetie.. you always leave so early! School doesn't start until 7:30..!" His mother smiled worriedly

"No, it's fine mom! I get there early to meet up with friends and we hang out before school actually starts!" Kiyo chuckled, he knew he was a liar.

"If you insist.. have a good day, I'll tell your father you're leaving." She hugged her son goodbye, he smiled

He walked in as always, he's the first one there, as always. Soon Ren comes in. Kiyo does his awkward smile and wave he always does

"Morning..!"

and Ren just rolls his eyes, and looks away, like always as well

Kiyo sighs and fiddles with his hair. Valentine's Day is soon and you won't ever know unless you try, right? He was filled with excitement at the thought of him and Ren having a chance. Ren was nice and cheerful, he just was bitter in the mornings, he was always like this. It wasn't long before students poured into the classroom. Eventually class started and it was the same as every other day. Kiyo couldn't help but drift off to sleep.

...

He was jolted awake after someone poked him on his sides. It was Ren

"Class ended, unless you're working the graveyard shift you'd better get home" he chuckled awkwardly, almost unenthusiastically

Kiyo's face heated up as he felt a slight tint of red appear

"Oh- thank you! The time totally.. uhm.. slipped by!" He scrambled to gather his stuff and avoid looking at Ren and those around him, to avoid letting his oh so obvious secret be known.

"Oh it's nothing..!" Ren smiled and waved, then turned around and started walking with his friends

Kiyo heard his friends whisper

"Why would you touch him!"

"Yeah! Haven't you heard?"

"There's all sorts of rumors dude!"

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

Kiyo opened his mouth, as if he dared to mutter a response. It was pointless, he clenched his fist, then looked back down and continued packing.

The walk home was lackluster at first. Kiyo's mind was racing.. Ren was the only one with enough courage to poke him awake? It was probably just because of his nice nature.. He shouldn't think too much of it. Ren's friends aren't too accepting, so maybe he should just give up before something goes wrong..

Kiyo unlocked the door

"I'm home, mom-" before he could finish he looked down to see a note that read

'we are going to be out again tonight! Sorry! <3 I left some money on the counter! Be in bed before 11 please! We love you Kiyo! -Mom'

"Of course.." Kiyo sighed with a nervous grin

"At least mom tries.." he continued.

He stumbled to his room, exhausted. He covered his face with his hands and sighed. Nights like this were nice, Kiyo could finally have time to himself, to be himself. The night dragged on for what felt like hours, Kiyo did nothing, but kept himself occupied; he played with the cat, played a game, stared at the wall, checked the time. He felt like he was forgetting something, but if he forgot it it wasn't that important to begin with!

After a few more hours of wasting away, he fell asleep. Today was awful.

———

I wrote this (and will write the rest of it) in google docs, so any weird formatting is a result of that probably.. uhm ik Ren seems kinda like a douche but as writing the first part I had an entire change of story plans and had ren's friends take on his role, not to spoil but Ren will be redeemed later on!

Sorry it's so short! I hope the following chapters will be longer! Bye! :) thank you!