Chapter 6

I sat on the windowseat in my room, watching the rain trickle down my window. It was around noon and I cuddled with Matt and listened to the storm.
"When I was little," I began "I used to sit infront of this glass door at my old house and watch the rain, drinking hot chocolate and wrapped in a purple blanket. Every time there was a storm."
"Thats adorable" Matt grinned.
"Purple was my favorite color. I had purple everything"
"What's your favorite color now?" he asked.
"Black."
"Same."
For a few minutes or so, Matt and I stared out the window, lostening to thunder rumble around us.
"Lets go outside" I said suddenly. "I don't want to be in here all day"
Matt and I then threw on our shoes and ran outside. Thinking it would be fun to not wear a jacket, I turned out to be dead wrong. My hair dripped and my shoes squished with every step. Despite being soaked, we danced in the rain and splashed in puddles, laughing until our stomachs hurt. Matt and I ran miles away from my house, nearing a small coffee shop in Santan. We stopped to order hot chocolates and he gave me his jacket.
"Thanks." I chattered, shaking in a metal chair infront of the shop.
"No problem." he said smiling at me which made the cold inside all warm and fuzzy. I was in love with him.
We sat infront of that coffee shop, planning our future together. Both of us wanted one girl and one boy, Violet and Austin. There would be a family dog, a pitbull named Cosmo, and a bunny, CoCo. Our home would be a lodge in the woods somewhere and we could swim in a lake and roast marshmallows over the fire. It was like a fairytale bound to happen.
The storm began to get stronger and it was starting to get dark so we headed back to the house. When we got to the front yard, Matt stopped me.
"I've been wanting to say this for a long time but I was too scared to say it but here it goes..." he locked my hands with his and we stood together in the pouring rain.
"Matt, what are you doing?"
"Paris... I... I love you. I really do. I never loved anyone so much before. And... I just can't loose you. You are all I want... All I have... All I need... When I first saw you at the VMD or whatever I couldn't stop thinking about you... I needednto find you again... And that day we ditched school I realized I was in love with you and I needed to know you loved me, too... And I... Bought you something..." he fumbled in his pocket and took out a small black box.
"Matty..." I whispered "You don't have to buy me anything.... I have you and that's all I need."
"No." he insisted "I want you to have it..." He handed me the box and I carefully opened it. Inside was a silver, circular pendant engraved with the initials P.W. and M.F. and adorned with tiny crystals. I have never seen anything so beautiful before.
"It's a locket, too. See" he said clicking a button on the side of it. Inside was a picture of us together taken by Cariana when we were at the movies together. On the other side of the locket was a quote. It said "Adventure Awaits"
"Oh Matty" I sighed
"It's nothing much, really" he stuttered "Had to find alot of ways to pay for it but that's nothing. I know its not the fanciest or anything but hey, I tried"
"Nothing? Its amazing"
"You think?"
"I know." I smiled. "Thank you"
Matt put the locket around my neck and hand in hand, walked to my home. He kissed me goodbye and drove off into the night.