Chapter 13: NEW - We Are Who We Are

After school, Rosso and Issei are about to make their way to the location Akeno had provided them. While they were on their way. Rosso had a conversation with Issei regarding Akeno.

Rosso: Issei, before we're going to the location Akeno had given us, I have a question for you.

Issei: If there's anything, shoot.

Rosso: Do you hate Akeno...?

Issei flinched and glanced at his best friend regarding her.

Issei: What are you talking about?

Rosso: I'll ask one more time after explaining something to you. When we fought Kokabiel, he mentioned that Akeno is the daughter of Baraqiel, right?

Issei: Yeah?

Rosso: Considering what you've been through, I could assume that you hate Fallen Angels.

Issei winced at that complicated question and feel very conflicted, at first. He must've guessed that Rias had told Rosso everything about him; A date with Raynare until she killed him, and then that Fallen Angel killed Asia for her Sacred Gear. It left a hole in his heart as he slowly nod.

Rosso: Then do you hate Akeno for being a Fallen Angel?

Issei could process what he experience so far, Akeno is his senpai who looks out for him and the members of ORC. Not to mention she's also Rias' best friend. Considering what she had been through, it's quite obvious for Issei to know the answer.

Issei: No. I don't hate her. No matter what she is, she'll always be the Akeno that we know in our hearts.

Rosso let out a smile on his face at Issei's answer as he kindly pats his buddy's shoulder.

Rosso: Well said. And do you remember what I said so far?

Issei: Yeah. I think hatred can't be our only motivation to live and fight, it only brings misery.

Rosso: That's right. No matter what kind of person we are in the past... is not who we'll be. We must be better.

Issei let out a slight smile, feeling his hatred slowly mellowing as he takes his brother/mentor's words to heart.

Issei: Thanks, bro.

Rosso: That's all I ask for. Now let's get going, buddy.

Issei: You got it!

They hadn't even walked a minute to their destination before they heard someone else's voice call out to them.

???: Well, whaddya know? If it ain't the Red Dragon and Dante's Son.

The voice that's sound familiar to Rosso caught his attention, and he turned to see someone he didn't expect with Issei following suit. Standing near the post is a middle-aged African-American with a black suit jacket, dark maroon vest, a pair of grey pants, and black dress shoes.

This is the Devil May Cry's leader, handler, and info broker, J.D. Morrison.

 Morrison