Chapter 1: A Normal Day

"Of course it's okay, Harry. Liking someone is natural, no matter the gender. You're a good kid. I'm glad that Peter makes you feel special. I know you make him feel special too."

Ben's words stuck in Harry's mind like glue, especially after his death. He wished that Peter knew about his feelings. He wished that Peter realized his feelings for Harry. He didn't know how much longer he could keep things hidden.

Harry groaned, putting his head onto his desk. His lab partner, John, looked over.

"Is everything okay?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Are you sure?"

Harry nodded then shook his head. "It's something so stupid. I can't believe I got caught up in it all."

"What did you get caught up in?"

"A one-sided crush."

John winced. "I'm sorry, Harry. Who is she?"

"It doesn't matter. I doubt it's going to happen."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's not your fault, John. I don't know what to do. I don't want my dad to find out cause he'll turn it awkward."

"Dad's do that."

Harry sat upright. "I'm meeting Peter at Joe's. See you later."

"Bye, Harry. I'll finish up in here."

Harry waved and ran out of the lab. He went to Joe's and sat in his normal seat. He hoped that Peter wouldn't stand him up again.

Maybe Harry was too forgiving on Peter. Peter had been late more and more. Peter stood Harry up a lot with no explanation. 

Peter ran in, arriving late as usual. He sat next to Harry, his cheeks red from running.

"Sorry, Harry! I didn't— Spider-Man— villain— had to run to safety," Peter stammered. 

Harry shook his head. "Spider-Man causes a lot of problems."

"I wouldn't say that."

"We didn't have as many villains before he showed up. His appearance welcomed stronger people to come around."

"I guess." Peter looked out the window, thinking.

"Are you hurt at all?"

"No, I got away before I could."

Harry smiled and pushed a cup to Peter. "I got your favorite."

Peter grinned, looking at him. "Thanks, Harry."

Harry's heart skipped a beat. "Of course, Pete."

"Anything new going on?"

"Not really." Harry shrugged and took a sip of his drink. "How about you?"

"Aunt May's trying to get me to join her book club again."

Harry chuckled. "Of course she is. I'm sure it'll die down again."

"It will. It always does."

==Time Skippy Skip==

Harry set his bag down, running his hand through his hair. He loved Peter. He wished Peter knew that, but he didn't know how he could tell him.

"Harry."

"Dad? What brings you here?"

"I was hoping to speak to you."

"What about?"

"I believe you need to drop Peter as a friend."

"What? Why? Dad, he's my best friend."

"I know, but I believe he's holding you back."

"He's not. Dad, I'm not dropping him."

Norman sighed. "You'll see eventually that he's holding you back."

"He isn't."

"He is, Harry. You can do great things. He's holding you back. Getting close to someone doesn't help anyone in the long run."

Harry shook his head. "He's not holding— I don't want to give up Peter in my life."

"You'll see soon."