Chapter 1: "All stories have a beginning."

"Daddy!"  The child sobbed. Thomas Wayne crumbles to the floor, leaving both Bruce and his Mother terrified. "G-get behind me, Dear!" Mrs. Wayne has her arm behind her son.  they both take a couple of steps backward. "What are ya waitin' for? hand it over!" The aggressor in the alleyway puts his hand out. Hesitantly, Martha Wayne gets her bead necklace off. A police siren wails as a car moves fast. The Mugger groans and fires his gun. But this time, two extra bodies drop. A corpse of a young Bruce Wayne and his parents are all that's left. back at Wayne Enter-Prizes, a devastated Alfred reads the week's Headliner; "A Triple Homicide Ends the Wayne Bloodline, Wayne Enter-Prizes scheduled for demolition." 

 Another Man lounges on a recliner reading the same headline. The Man Reaches for his coffee but spills it all over himself. "Augh!" The man yells. "Arthur! Bring me a paper towel!" He shouts. A child no more than 8 years old scrambles from the hallway, but pauses to observe the situation. "The heck are you looking at!? get going!" The kid dashes into the kitchen coming back with the paper towels. "Took you long enough!" "I hear that Wayne Enter-Prizes is going away soon." the child notes. "Eh, who needs those snooty entrepreneurs anyway. All their Charities are for praise." The man pats himself down while giving the child a horrible look. "You know what's coming, don't you, Arthur?" Arthur quietly gasps and runs to his room. The Man gets up. "Arthur! get back here!" Arthur slams the door, immediately locking it. He dumps over a bucket of Legos near the door, He grabs an old clown toy his Mother gave to him and hides in the closet

 He dumps over a bucket of Legos near the door, He grabs an old clown toy his Mother gave to him and hides in the closet

Arthur hugs the plush, breathing heavily.  "Arthur! Arthur open this Door right now!" the door knob fumbles.  The lock breaks and the door swings open. The man stands in the door frame, with his belt in his left hand. With one step..."AUGH!" The man howls in pain, he lifts his foot to reveal Legos stuck to it. "Arthur what did I tell you about leaving your Legos everywhere!"  The man checks under Arthur's Bed "You can't hide forever, Arthur!"  The man gets up and turns toward the closet with a smile. "Heh, found you." The Man swings open the closet door. Arthur is curled up with the plush. The man grabs Arthur by the arm with his belt cocked back. Arthur screamed and braced for impact, knowing that no one will hear him. The Belt slapped Arthur multiple times. The man left Arthur's room, grinning. Arthur stood there and began to cry. Suddenly, The Clown plush's voicebox activates, making it laugh. Arthur sits with the clown as it laughs, starting to giggle. Both Arthur and the clown toy laugh. Arthur's tears swell up, dropping on the clown's white face.