2

❤️ liked by jackhughes

maisieradcliffe newark, new jersey, usa
___
jackhughes Your photographer is top notch
     maisieradcliffe agreed

•••

Maisie

He's famous. A well-known, extremely skilled hockey player. Practically raised in the spotlight. Then there's me.

me & jack hughes 🥤chat

me
hi, it's maisie. from the pub. here's the picture you asked for.
*one attachment*

jack hughes 🥤
Miss Maisie, thanks for the photo. You staying in Jersey? 

me
yeah, i think i'm going to settle here.
done traveling. currently looking at apartments to rent.

jack hughes 🥤
I could help if you'd like. I'm free all of today. 
It's really cool how you've traveled so much. The pictures you have are super cool.

me
no hockey games to play?
and thanks.

jack hughes 🥤 
I see you saw my Instagram. Damn, ya caught me. 
I'm just an average guy with a not-so-average job. 

me
i'm sure.
meet me at the pub at 3 later if you'd like to apartment hunt w/ me.

•••

"Back again? Want another soda?" The bartender says as I walk in, whistling and drying some glasses off the rack. I shake my head, sitting on the same stool I had been on last night. The same spot I met Jack. 

I don't think I'll ever sit in another spot in this place. 
Nostalgia does nothing for the present, Mae. 
Not really nostalgic if it just happened last night, though. 

"I'm okay. I'll take coffee, if you guys do that sort of thing." I shrug. She rolls her eyes sarcastically and nods in response, stifling a laugh at my half joke. I pull out my laptop and continue my apartment search, which hasn't been the most successful so far. 

The pub is quiet, only a scarce amount of people drinking or eating, none of which are near me. So, when I hear the scratching of metal on the wood floor next to me, I don't even need to look up. 

"Hi, Jack. Or should I say Mr. Hughes?"

He groans and clicks his tongue disapprovingly at the mocking nickname. "You make me sound like a 57 year old man who's gone through two divorces. Pick a different nickname for me, for the love of God."