Flowers on the sun

It is just as it is with the flower. If you love a flower that lives on a star, it is sweet to look at the sky at night. All the stars are abloom with flowers. But if you look closer, there is something more. Some things shine so brightly that no matter what we do, we cannot help but want to touch them. It is like being caught in a fire. There isn't anywhere you can go where the blaze won't be able to follow you. And even in the daytime, the light from the fires continues to burn. It's as though you're trapped inside of a fire burning up your insides and yet still not enough oxygen reaches you or your soul will die along with the fire.(Or perhaps that could be said about life itself.) I don't know. When I look at the skies of my hometown, it reminds me that I am only one human and that it is my responsibility to try and save everyone else who needs saving from themselves. It is an amazing thing that I have the power to affect everyone around me in this way. To see the beauty in everything I touch, when people tell me how horrible I look, even they think that I'm beautiful. To hear their thoughts and feel their joy when I listen to their concerns. It is incredible. And then sometimes, when the sun comes out, I feel it shining down on me and I remember why I did this. Even though I never asked for this power. Even though I never asked to come here and change this world. This world had always been cruel. The darkness and despair that filled every inch of this place was not caused by any lack of hope, but by the fact that it was never going to be any better. Even now, after living for over three hundred years here, I haven't really seen anything change in the way that things used to be. The shadows were darker but somehow less frightening than the bright lights that were the world before. In some ways, it seemed almost natural to me, that I should be born a demon. Because I am cursed to forever live in this dark world, I suppose it's fair that I should also become cursed to forever be surrounded by the darkness. That would be fitting, really, doesn't it? My destiny and my curse to be forever lonely.
But that wasn't the point at all. What I wanted was to be free. For once, I wanted to be able to enjoy being alive, instead of having to suffer through all of this pain and darkness. To let someone know what I felt. To stop suffering and being alone. No longer would I be afraid of the dark. Not anymore. Now I could finally reach the light.