Chapter Four: The Pensieve

The pensieve revels what appears to be Isidora, this must be a memory she has left behind! She is a professor here at Hogwarts, talking with students. Learning their fears, their feelings and concerns in life. She is.. removing their pain. Their fears, feelings and concerns. There's a difficult student she seems to be working on. They are.. they're cursed. Just like Anne! Isidora seems to be powerful enough that the dark magic placed on this student has no effect on her. Could it be the ancient magic we both possess? The student was healed, fully recovered! This is brilliant, but I know Sebastian is seeing this as well, he is going to make me do this for Anne. I don't know if I am as powerful as Isidora. Do I want to take the same risks Isidora did and risk the same fate? I don't know what to make of this.. I must speak with Sebastian.

   After seeing that memory, the pensieve seemed to have moved us from the library to the undercroft. Isidora must have come here a lot in her time. I look to Sebastian, who was in awe. He couldn't believe what he just saw, quite frankly I didn't either. I didn't know what to say to him. "Did you see that!! I can't believe it! I knew there was a way to help her! I knew it!" He was so happy there was possibly a way to help his sister, I try muttering "but Sebastian I-" he kept shouting thinking about Anne he wouldn't listen to me. "Sebastian!" I shouted. He looked at me puzzled, "Sebastian, I don't know how to do what Isidora did. I don't know if I'm capable or even powerful enough. What if it doesn't work for Anne?" My eyes start to puff and fill with tears, I stop talking and try focusing on not letting Sebastian see me like this. He wipes away the tears that rested in the corners of my closed eyes, his hands brushed my cheeks just slightly. "You are the most talented and powerful witch I've ever known. I will always believe in you. You saw what Isidora was able to do! You both same the same ancient magic, I trust you can do anything." I give myself a little shake, "Thank you Sebastian. I will need to think about this. I'm also sorry for overhearing your conversation with Ominis earlier. How is Anne fairing?" His expression changed, in a rather puzzling way. He looks as if he is blushing. "Anne is doing as well as she can. We have talked about what happened. I did promise I would stop trying to find a cure but I didn't mean to stumble upon this information. She cannot know that you helping her was my idea!"
I give a little giggle at his last statement, "you got it, it was my idea. I'm going to read this book and see what other information I can find in here on how Isidora did it." I say to Sebastian. We plan to meet in the undercroft tomorrow after defense against the dark arts class. "Until next time." He saluted.

   Last night I had so much to think about I hardly got any sleep. I spent a good portion of the night reading the book Sebastian and I found but luck finding anything useful. I head to the Great Hall to have some Cherry Owls and pumpkin juice before classes, where I see Ominis. I sit at the table across from him and before I could say anything he blurts out "Did you uh, get all the help you needed yesterday?" giving me a sly look. My face turns as red as a Gryfindors robe, choking on my breakfast. "I did- I did get help. He helped me. Sebastian did- uhm" Ominis gives a chuckle. I clean myself up and finish my food before saying to Ominis, "I apologized to Sebastian but I want to apologize to you as well for listening to you two talk last night. I didn't intend to intrude you guys talking about Anne." His eyebrows raised and he looked a little alarmed. "Oh— well, yes. It's quite alright. No harm done." His response raised some questions in me.

   First class today is beasts, it will be nice to see Poppy for a little while. Today we are caring for Bowtruckles. Definitely a happy distraction from my personal life, Poppy seems to be really enjoying herself. Poor girl is covered in bowtruckles and probably the happiest she's been. I do admit, the tickle of their little twig legs do bring a smile to my face. Poppy had noticed something was pressing me so she dumped a whole load of them on me in order for me to laugh, I'm pretty sure a few had nibbled on my robes. At least class is over and I don't have to do that again soon.
Now on my way to defense against the dark arts, after this I have to meet Sebastian in the undercroft. I want to help Anne, truly, but I'm still not sure I can.

All throughout class I catch Sebastian watching me. Even when he doesn't my realize I see him out of the corner of my eye, he is looking. I started to feel nervous, what if I did something embarrassing and he saw me? What if I said an incantation wrong and blew something up? He could never trust me to heal his sister. My palms got sweaty my wand was barely staying in my hand. Class was dismissed and thankfully I survived todays dueling matches. Sebastian waits for me at the entrance of class, we head down the stairwell to the undercroft. I try discreetly rubbing my hands on my robes, removing all the sweat. We enter the undercroft and he stands there slightly, as if he is awaiting my answer for helping Anne. "Sebastian, you know I want to help Anne. I would do anything for you, but I'm not sure I'm strong enough. What if something goes wrong and I make her worse? I couldn't live with myself if something happened." He took a step closer to me, "I know that if something did happen, that wouldn't be your fault. You have done everything for me, but if you could cure Anne I would never ask anything of you again." Deep down I knew that he didn't fully mean the last part, he needs me more than he realizes. I sighed, "okay. I will do what I can for Anne. Send her an owl and if she agrees to let me try this, then I will do it." Sebastian's face lit up, the way his eyes shone when he looked at me was staring into a bronze abyss. It struck me, and it's going to be the only thing I think about now.