14. Hello L.A [Long Chapter ]

Already! That was the last day. I was already feeling blue, telling myself that tomorrow I would be back on the road to work. Saying goodbye to this weekend that was about to end. It had been so exceptional that I wondered if I would ever be able to live such a fabulous moment again. It's silly but if I had been alone, I would have cried. It had been so intense that my emotions would have been on a roller coaster right away. It was like after attending a concert.

When I woke up, Eddie was lying next to me with his elbow on the pillow, looking at me. I had assumed that he had been staring at me sleeping before I woke up, probably for a few minutes. If I had been the one to start looking at him sleeping, I don't think I would have gotten tired of it, at least to some extent. I stretched as I opened my eyes before turning my head to him.

"Sleep well?"

He smiled sweetly at me and I replied, yes.

"Here. Gift."

A large envelope with the name of the photo store written on it, had been placed on the bed. I got up to sit down while holding the sheet against my body. I opened the envelope, discovering inside the photos that had been reproduced in duplicate.

Oh, this is great!" I exclaimed happily.

"This way, no need to choose. Everyone gets the pictures they want.

"This is really great." I said as I looked at them in their enlarged format.

Eddie kissed my neck tenderly, which made me stretch my smile even further.

"Can you hand me my shirt that's next to your feet, please?" I asked him, my eyes a little unfocused.

"Like I've never seen you naked before."

He put on an amused look and bent down to pick it up from the floor.

"Here, dear."

I then put it on then got out of bed, the envelope in my hand after putting the pictures in. It was 11:30. Eddie had gotten up early to go to the photo store and had returned to the hotel at about 11:12. I had assumed correctly.

A continental breakfast had been served in the small dining room on the large table. Normally, we would check out by noon, but since he had paid to keep the room for an extra day, we had had a little more time.

"You're adorable when you're sleeping." he said to me in a casual yet modest way.

I almost laughed after hearing his words while I still had a piece of croissant in my mouth.

"I don't think so but it's nice."

"Still..."

"Take a picture of me next time and I'll see for myself."

"Okay."

"No but I was just kidding."

"Not me."

He smiled.

Around 7:30 pm, we left the room with our luggage which was carried by the porter who was entitled to a tip from both of us. Once was not customary. Well, almost. But before our departure from Seattle, we left the hotel around 1:45 pm to walk around the Emerald City again. And I met Marianne, who was Jeff's girlfriend. She had arrived by this night flight and had gone directly to the; Four Season. How to say .... The first impression she made on me was mixed. I couldn't figure her out. All I could say was that she was very communicative and outgoing, without any complexes. A girl who liked to be frank.

Jeff and her, had met through mutual friends, at a party that had taken place after the release of; Ten. At the beginning, they had only sympathized without being really attracted by each other, although Marianne had found him very very cute.