16.Soon Somewhere Else [Part 1] (Very, Very, Long Chapter)

I was not, and am not now, a girl who was fully enterprising with a boy, when it came to taking charge, literally. I had to, and still do, feel totally confident, and therefore comfortable with someone, as the obvious thing to do with yourself, and with anything in general. Taking this intimate initiative when you don't know someone very well has never been an easy task for me. Getting laid with someone you like just for the physical attraction, I have never been able to do it, although I can understand it and can be explained as what temptation means.

But many times when it's a one night stand without generalizing, I've never had the taste to do it because I couldn't be satisfied with it without of course acting like; Alex Forrest, like in Fatal Attraction. Even though it could be a little bit or a lot like that kind of immediate attraction, when you sleep with the person the same night, it didn't mean that it couldn't last a little bit longer either. I think you can sense if it's going to be a one-night stand or a little bit more than that or a lot more.

It all depends on our personal and deepest expectations. As for mine, they were well defined. I prefer when it's not a one-night stand, and at that point it's best to come to an agreement in a consensual way. Even if it only lasted three weeks, I would consider that short duration more like a very brief relationship that had time to develop, even if only a little. The sex is nice but without any real feelings, emotions that you can feel, it's all fake to me. At least my whole being like that.

The personal emotions that came out of him sometimes and that I had somewhat been able to perceive during our first meeting, had touched me to the core. It was as if I had felt his soul in its pure essence and form. The physical attraction was one thing but the emotional one was much more powerful. It was like a caress that grazes you and then hugs you. There had been much more than an attraction that I had felt for him despite what happened between us was at a lightning speed.

This sudden desire made me very bold for what I was feeling which was not trivial and I had to bet that it was mutual. And it was a good thing I had had some practice, even if it was a little while ago. The discomfort I had felt a little in the room at the Four Seasons, was now gone. 

After getting out of the shower, draping my body with a towel and tying his around his pelvis, as was his habit, and each of us lightly drying the other's hair with a smaller towel each, we left the bathroom, whose heat had invaded it, leaving the door open behind us. We crossed a small bright corridor, painted in an almost immaculate white thanks to the small led bulbs that were fixed in the ceiling. The entire floor of the house was solid teak wood.

Some black and white inked pictures of cities in foreign countries, where Pearl Jam had given concerts, were hanging on the wall. Among them were those of Jeff, who had photographed them and Eddie. He had fooled me, too, when he wrote later on the back of one of the Seattle photos, which he had mailed to me, that he wasn't very good at it. It wasn't until I got those pictures that I realized.

"You're good."

"I manage to not take a blurry picture. Not like Jeff. He's good," he replied with that same humility, smiling.

I thought he underestimated himself and often, always with that feeling of uncertainty, almost never sure of himself, of his other abilities, which were both personal and creative.

The door to his room was around the bend in the hallway, where we entered before I shivered again although the temperature in each room was pleasant.

"You didn't catch a cold, I hope?"

His face, which showed a slightly concerned expression, made me doubt.

"I hope not."

"I'll get the robes from the bathroom."