23: Friends & Missed Periods

*WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT SEXUAL CONTENT. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.*

One week later...

It's been about a week since Jimin and I moved into our new apartment, and we were settling in pretty nicely. River had brought the rest of our stuff over, and Jimin let me decorate the place a little more than it already was.

To make me even happier, Ella and Taehyung were finally coming back to Seoul since it was now the beginning of summer, and Ella was now on summer break for teaching.

Since they didn't wanna bother us to come get them from the airport, they sent River to go pick them up and bring them to our apartment. I got the guest room ready for them to stay in for the night, and then, tomorrow, they were going to head back to the mansion.

Jimin's been busy all day and afternoon working in his office, so I made sure to clean up the apartment and get it all ready for Ella and Tae's arrival. Jimin and I have had a few bickering arguments here and there this week, but not as bad as usual. I knew he was super stressed with work since it was picking up for the summer season.

I just let him be and didn't bother or question him too much.

He mentioned one night at dinner that his mom wanted to come over to see our new place, but I wasn't too happy about it, especially after everything she said to me.

The sun was starting to set, signaling to me that it was now evening. I wanted to make us all an amazing meal for dinner, especially after Ella and Tae's long flight they've had...but I was feeling a bit under the weather.

Ella texted me, letting me know that they finally landed, but I knew they still had to go through customs, get their bags, and have River drive them over here. We told the front-desk receptionist at our apartment to give them a special badge to scan so they could get up the elevator when they got here.

Not really in the mood to cook tonight, I decided to just order us all Korean fried chicken with a bunch of sides...on Jimin's card. It was a perfect welcome back to Seoul for Ella and Tae, especially after eating a bunch of American food.

After calling in the order, I organized last-minute things, like tucking in our island stools and fluffing the pillows on our couches and chairs.

"Look at you being a wife around here," Jimin purred, scaring me half-to-death and causing me to flinch.

"You scared the shit out of me, geez," I whispered, holding my hand over my heart before fluffing one last pillow.

"Did you miss me?" he smirked, walking toward the couches as I sat down to turn on the TV.