[ ACT 2 ]

Important Note: Starting from Act 2, the story will be written in 2nd Person Perspective.

...

This is an illustration made by @nai_pizx (Twitter handle), depicting the moment Xiao obtained the switchblade

Please go support the artist, they really deserve the attention!

...

Pain. There is no other feeling but pain.

It's as if there was some sort of shadowy monster tearing the sutures of your wound apart, ripping every last tissue of your skin, until the inside of your chest is torn wide open, revealing the ribcage and beating heart. The heart, which slowly pounded to the rhythm of the ticking hospital clock.

And you could do nothing but stay still and let your suffering commence. Your muscles wouldn't even move an inch, your mouth couldn't open to scream, and your eyes couldn't close to sleep.

Out of the corner of your eyes, you could see a demon in the corner of the hospital room, just outside the touch of the moonlight shining through the window.

It mouthed a phrase to you:

"I love you."

All that could be seen was its mouth that continuously mouthed this same phrase over, and over, and over, and over

And over

And over

And over

And over

Again.

.
.
.

Of course, you then woke up.

"..."

The pain was still there, but the demon was gone. It wasn't as painful as just now.

The sound of the heart monitor could be heard beeping, but you were to tired to hear it.

The doctors told you that the wound that Ganyu had inflicted on your chest had reopened completely. They had to redo everything they did the first time. But this time, it stung especially harder, for some reason.

You also heard that Chongyun had passed away on the same day, most likely after he left the school hall. It felt almost as if the two incidents were directly tied to each other, but you weren't smart enough to know for sure.