Ch: 1- The quest to start my missery.

My name is Perseus Jackson but I prefer Percy, the reason for the odd name is that my dad is obsessed with Greek mythology and it was between Perseus, Theseus, or Odysseus so my mom chose the best scenario from a losing battle.

Anyways when I was seven a game called Fate of Olympus was released by the company Olympus Prime. A bit later it evolved into Olympus online, a whole new world built in advance Virtual Reality to make it seem truly real by uploading the self-conscious into a digital copy of our own with mythology in it.

Soon Olympus online took over America's Economy, then our allies, and eventually all of the world became absorbed by this idiotic game.

Money was exchanged for Drachma the games currency. Schools, sports, entertainment, work all of that came from the game world.

That was nine years ago and now I'm a sixteen year old in Yancy Academy. Also known as Camp-half-blood one of the greatest 'hero' schools to exist.

The school still teaches the basics but it's kinda annoying that everything else like sports, clubs, electives are all either in the game or mainly surrounding it. I mean we used to have a swim club but that was disbanded for the Poseidon worship club that deems the pool is to 'sacred' to use.

I sigh as I throw on a blue T-shirt and jeans and sling my backpack onto my left shoulder and head out.

I pull out my phone which these days are seen as ancient as these days people use the divine chips.

The divine chips are 'revolutionary' technology basically it's a little computer chip that holds all the information of one's Olympus profile, it holds all personal info including address, health documents,

To the company's credit the chips are actually highly protected and there has never been a reported incident of the chips being hacked.

Yet it doesn't mean I trust it at all.

I sigh at the cool air that brushes past me as I walk to school. A car honked as a red mustang zoomed past me and someone yelled from the window.

Jackass: "MORNING FREAK!!!!" People in the car laughed at that as I flipped them off.

For some reason people highly like messing with me due to the fact that I hate Olympus online.

As I got closer I noticed one of my two friends stepping out of his car.

Me: "GROVER!!!!" I called out to the awkward boy.

He walked towards me as soon as he saw me.

Grover was always an awkwardly tall looking boy who got hit by puberty hard and early if his scraggly chin beard say anything. He has fluffy curly brown hair and matching brown eyes.

 Grover is by far one of the kindest and one of the most loyal person I know

Grover is by far one of the kindest and one of the most loyal person I know. He is one of the few who don't judge me for my dislike of the Olympus online and actually listens to me about it. Although he does also talk about how good it is so we have a debate commonly.