Chapter Eleven

Ruby was initially quite wary around Clare but after last night with Simon, she felt the first real semblance of control in her life. Truthfully, she couldn't control Clare like she could Simon, but there was a new underlying tone in her voice that Ruby was certain the blond could hear. Even so, Clare made no moves to warmly welcome Ruby. The cheerleader even went so far as to claim she forgot that Ruby was coming over.

"I don't have to be here," Ruby stated crisply and could see clearly the reaction on Clare's pretty face.

"It's fine. Just drop your sleeping bag wherever, I don't care," Clare replied quickly with a veil of nonchalance.

They reminisced a little at the beginning before the topic of sex came up. Before yesterday, Ruby would have felt inexperienced. Also, Simon's invisible presence was helpful in supplying the answers to difficult questions about male orgasms and what to do with prostates. Instead of accusing Ruby of being a slut, Clare seemed to respect her for her sexual knowledge. Ruby held the same respect for Clare.

"Have you...Had sex with Dillon?" Ruby asked carefully. She saw Clare stiffen on the bed.

"Sort of...I get him hard and all, but then he gets really rough. It's, like, the only way he can come. When I get on top, he gets so...confused," Clare admitted after a moment. Then she pulled up her sleeping shorts and showed Ruby the purple bruises on her inner thigh. "I had to be excused from cheering these last two weeks until this goes away..." She added. There was a tone that echoed of bitter shame before Clare closed her legs once more.

"Does that turn you on?" Ruby asked suddenly.

Clare thought about it for a long moment, so long that Ruby didn't think she'd actually answer. "I like it some of the time. I like being pushed up against walls and kissed, but I like being on top and riding," said Clare thoughtfully. She rested her head on her pillow and then rolled over and looked at her ceiling which had tiny pale green stars that were soaking up the light. "I want him to pick me up and toss me on a bed, but I want to scratch and claw and bite...And I want him to like that. I don't know. These contradictions are probably confusing him," she added.

"He just needs to find that balance for you, Clare," Ruby said soothingly.

"He likes you still," Clare said coolly, eyeing the other girl sharply, testily.

"He doesn't like me, Clare. He's a monster, he only wants to torture me because he thinks I'm so easy to torture...To him, I look like a gazelle with a broken leg, tantalizing. Once I graduate, I won't have to hobble in front of him again," Ruby declared.

The answer relaxed Clare but the blonde could not give in too easily. A plan was forming behind her clear blue eyes, and in a blink, she knew what had to be done to clear Ruby from Dillon's mind. Clare knew that Ruby would need much convincing at first, but she would see that the benefits would outweigh the initial risk. Clare pressed her glossy lips together and eyed Ruby in her unicorn tee shirt and Dr. Seuss pajama bottoms. Despite the weird nightclothes, Ruby was a changed young woman. There was a confidence in her that resonated in her voice and her stance. She now fit into this world instead of melting into the background of it.

 ~~~~~

"That's a very interesting plan," said Simon as he stroked Ruby's hair. She sat between his legs in bed with her head resting on his left shoulder. They were both cooling off from an explosive reenactment of two nights ago. She'd just finished having dinner out with her mother with Simon hovering around her, blowing warm air on her neck along with wet kisses. By the time she got home, she rushed to bed right away to tear Simon's clothes from his body and made strenuous demands of him.