Chapter 1: End of college

I take a seat in the cafeteria, and open up my milk. Shelby walks towards me with her trey with a frown on her face. As always she has a heavy amount of makeup and blush on her.

"Hey Lila. I got my card today from NASA." Shelby looks everywhere but to me. "So did you get in?" I respond taking a bite of my salad, she sits down beside me and moves her fork around. "No" She sighed. "What? But your grades are so good." I talked with my mouth full of bean soup, some spills out of my mouth and I wipe it off. "Apparently not good enough for them. Anyways have you opened yours yet?" She looks at me, chewing on her plastic fork. "No not yet I haven't gotten it yet." I get my backpack from beside me.

The bell rings as we talk more.

We walk in the hallway to our lockers. People start whispering, I pass two girls "Yeah, I heard she didn't pass. I cant believe she got rejected by NASA!" One says. "You think its because shes dressed like a wh0re?" The other whispers. I stop in my tracks and look at her. "What did you just say?" The first girl backs up with a disgusted look on her face. I get angry and push the girl into a locker, it slams as she hits it. Shelby looks at me. "Wow wow Lila whats going on?" I'm to angry to respond and start pounding my fist into the 2nd girl that i pushed into a locker. The other starts trying to pull me away and so does Shelby. The second girl pushs me to the floor and the first girl and Shelby back up. People start chanting "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!" I start punching her. The teacher starts running threw the crowd as people start moving away.  Shelby grabs my hands and drags me before i start running away from the crowd with her.

I sit in the girls bathroom at the wall. "This is going to go on my permanent record I'm definitely not going to NASA now." I say starting to tear up. Shelby sits beside me rubbing my back. "It will be okay." The announcements go off "Can Shelby violeen and Lila crawtz come to the principle office please. " we look at each otger and get up. I know the other two girls are there and told on us. Once we get there the doors unlocked.  Only the first girls there "please take a seat girls" he points at the two chairs, We sit. "So as you three know Lila and ____ has a fight about 20 minutes ago. We are here to talk about that." I look around the room the sit back. "_____ isnot currently here right now because of some serious face injuries. Now Lila you should be very grateful because _____ parents have not decided to give your family a lawsuit because they think she did something very wrong. " I sigh in relief. "But you will be told by your parents and sent home early for a 3 day suspension." I know my parents will give ne a huge talking to but I'm still just happy that i won't get a lawsuit, i shake my head in agreement. I look beside me to Shelby and shes on her phone. "Anyways your parents will be here in 15 minutes. You girls can go back to class but i brought you here because you were part of this but i needed you two to hear this." He says. They get up and Shelby waves to me before closing the door.

I sit on my bed once u get home. My parents had a long overdue conversation with me on the ride home. I look beside me to see my letter not opened. I sigh and slowly open it, My anxiety starts rising. I read it.
"Dear ms Lila
We have read your reports and story you have very good grades and we would love you to join us this summer to go to the moon." I stare at the paper.

TBC