Happy Times

Heer and Shakti were glad to meet the relatives and his friends as they showered the couple with blessings at the party. The guests dispersed only later at night as Heer sat tired taking off her heavy jewellery.

"It was fun, right?" Shakti appeared from the adjacent room after changing into his vest and pajamas.

"Haan, Dadabhai danced! I still can't believe it."

"I guess love makes you do stuff you can't imagine." His words met her surprised glare as she smiled amused. "Such deep thoughts?" He sat down beside her and changed the topic. "A few of my friends have decided to throw a party for us."

"Another Party?" Heer raised her eyebrows. She was not a party person. All parties she ever went to were post-show ones where she went for work."Yup, umm... theme is cocktail and all my friends will be there..." he smiled. "They all want to meet you. Even Emma." His last words made her look up as she nodded a yes. "Great, I will inform them, I am sleepy, you should also rest." He walked to his side of the bed as Heer looked worried. 

Ajabdeh was watching the skyline of Delhi after a long time. Brownie was running about on the roof as she appeared absentminded. "Hey, Buddy." His voice behind her made her smile. She turned as he smiled at her. He walked up to her as she frowned a little and said "Someone looked pretty today." 

"I know. Choti." She smiled.

He shook his head with half a smile and asked " Did you talk to Ranima?" 

"About what?" She frowned as eyes met and he smiled. She blushed and looked away as he held her waist, surprising her. " You know we have guests."

"And Mami is here too." He smiled amused. 

"Why are you after her?"

"She was going to faint today watching us dance." He chuckled. 

"But everyone is happy..." She smiled. He pulled her closer forcing her to rest her hands on his collar. "I am more."

"Jija" Heer's voice made him frown with a soft "Not again." as she pushed him aside.

Heer appeared tense as Pratap frowned "What happened Choti?" 

Rukaiya was packing her bags to go to Khan Baba in the morning. "I am so excited when we will tell him we will move here forever, and not go back. He will be so happy, right?" She smiled. Jalal nodded happily. He pulled her close, stopping her hands at the bags as she frowned. "We have chores." "They are always there," His words met her surprised eyes, as he thought the same. He kissed her forehead and whispered, "Not tonight?" "Haan." She blushed, smiling. 

Ajabdeh's cold eyes met Pratap's chuckle as she stopped."Ohho Choti." She held her confused sister's hand. "Shakti knows how you are, Why are you so worried?"

"She is right Choti, what you wear doesn't matter to him, he is proud of you and flaunts you right?" Pratap added as she said, "I don't know."

"Choti, go and choose your best dress and everything will be perfect," Ajabdeh said, reassuringly. "Yes, enjoy yourself," Pratap added. Heer frowned at the duo. "What's wrong, you are teaming up today?" She asked surprised. "I need to sleep, come Brownie." Ajabdeh walked away as Heer smiled amused at a taken-aback Pratap. 

Heer sat on her side of the bed lost in thoughts. He had mentioned Emma would be there. Does he still love her? She stared at Shakti's sleeping figure as an empty feeling made her eyes tear up. I am not the kind of girl he ever wanted. He looked so awkward even telling me about a party. Am sure he took others to parties at ease. I don't know why I feel so miserable... he's my best friend \... She remembered Toranmal's words. No Heer this can't be. You can't be in love with him. He's... My husband... She remembered how with authority he had said "My wife." How every time he went out of his way to make her smile, make her happy. She let the tears flow. She was in love with her husband. Yet, it seemed like the most complex thing in the world right now.