Chapter 2

Mil quickened her pace as she saw the bus approaching her stop. She saw her crush, no her boyfriend, wave at her from the other side. Breaking into a run she caught up to the bus rushing up the stairs then she fell.. Her foot caught the tip of one stair and she fell on the last step. Mil felt a tug on her shoulders and she was being helped back up by him. Her boyfriend help her up the stairs while some kids on the bus spoke softly, laughing. They both found a seat further to the back and he held her hand. Mil finally looked at him. He had on a button up white collar shirt with a sleeveless black vest. His pants where black and he had a tie on. His brown hair was brushed to the side and the golden highlights in his hair shown. His blue-green eyes shone brightly at her while she flattened her hair nervously. She shrugged off her black jacket sitting back and sighed," Thanks for catching me back there." "No problem", he said, to Mil his voice was enough to melt her and the smile he added almost made her faint. He brought her hand up to his face and kissed it briefly. Mil felt her face flush and looked out the window holding his hand.

{At school that morning}

Mil stepped into the gym looking for her class's group to start to form still holding his hand. The gym's AC units blew cold, stale air into the massive gym. She let go if his hand to run to her group of three others, they grouped around her cheering lowly and Mil blushed looking at him. "Hey Jake, come on", yelled one of his friends, dragging him away. He gave her a bright smile and they parted ways until lunch and Mil began talking to her group busily. She glanced back once more at Jake then they all run to their classes.