22-24

Chapter 22 (M)

The next two weeks were hell on earth when it came to Jennie. They never spoke about the possibility of a move that loomed over them. It was an elephant in the room but Lisa preferred the silence - for now. The silence meant she could place it out of her mind - at least until after Christmas.

Lisa had learned the night she won the audition that in the many years Jennie had been living in the loft; she had never invited her mother inside. Jennie was a snapping, biting storm cloud of anger made worse by the soft hint of frost in her eyes left from Lisa's indecision.

Lisa had begged her to simply cancel but the stubborn Jennie had refused, insisting that it would be much worse to cancel than to go through with it. So Lisa had allowed herself to be turned into a quiet, accommodating puppy - you need this? Right away dear - you want that? Absolutely, sweetheart!

Lisa was in the doghouse in every way possible. While she hated the fact that Jennie's touches had grown remote, she handled the distance easily for one reason. Every day she was in the doghouse her excitement continued to grow. The calendar on her phone had become her favorite commodity. Twenty-five days until the surgery, fourteen until she got to tell her. Twenty days until the surgery, nine until she could tell her. Fifteen days until the surgery, four until she could tell her.

She had begun to picture it. Holding Jennie's hand while the doctor fiddled with the device preparing to turn it on for the first time. Lisa watching her face beautiful in its nervous state, waiting anxiously for the thing that hadn't happened to her since that little pop all of those years ago. Would Jennie be one to cry like in the videos online or would she be one of the people who simply looked surprised and afraid? Would she remember what the sounds she was hearing meant or would Lisa and Lucas need to teach her again?

Will we be here to teach her or will that fall on Rosé?

She didn't know and she wouldn't care as long as Jennie was happy. Lisa could hardly breathe she was so excited.

She and Jennie had done hours of shopping at all of the organic boutique shops in town for every tiny part of the meal that Lisa had promised not to help Jennie cook. Lisa had laboriously carried the fancy chinaware from the storage locker in the basement and after many paper cuts and hours of wrapping on Lisa's part; the presents were nestled under the tree. The morning of Christmas Eve dawned brightly snowy and despite the looming visit from Tina on Christmas day, nothing but smiles could be seen in the Kim loft.

"I hate this part of my job."

"What part?" Jennie asked yawning from the sheets.

"This part." Lisa sighed, looking longingly at the cooling spot next to her beautiful girlfriend. "Where I have to get up and go play for people on Christmas Eve morning while you and my son eat cookies and watch Christmas specials."

Jennie's lips twitched in the corners, "I thought you were looking forward to this concert."

"I was!" she whined, glad that Jennie couldn't hear her.

Oh man, I'm going to need to stop doing that soon. Whoa.

"But then I had to get out of bed."

Jennie made a mocking sad face and slowly rose from the bedding, sheets falling away from her naked body and only emphasizing Lisa's point. Lisa swore under her breath and caught the naked body, pulling it tightly to her front. Jennie sighed, head falling back on Lisa's shoulder, eyes falling closed as Lisa let her hands slide upwards slowly, savoring her thighs, her stomach, her breast, her arms then back down, her breast, her stomach, her thighs before softly cupping between her legs.