The Hunter- Chapter 5

Chapter 5 continued-

" Out!" The nurse snarled in her usual sharp tone as her face was set in a sour scowl, her voice cracked like a whip through the room.

"Where?" I was sat,in the corner of the room, as faraway from the blood writing I could get. Before she'd come in I been facing the wall in complete silence, trying to figure my life out, the turmoil in my head was almost unbearable, I could barely remember anything or anyone from my past. Only the hunter, he'd always been there in my life... I could see him... I was the only one, and he'd tell me to do things, things to hurt myself, I think that's why I'm here. But he still finds me, he still torments me, I wish I could escape everything, escape Mr. Cark's interrogations, escape the strong smell of disinfectant in the corridors... Escape the blood writing on the walls...

"Visitors day." She replied in a short voice which implied she wasn't going to discuss this with me any further.

I don't know how often visitors days were but I'd survived four here. The first, I'd cried for hours because I'd had no visitors but the other two times I'd simply not gone because I'd known no one would come. I doubted this time could be any different but I was desperate to get out of this prison.

I was led down the corridor by the nurse along with two, strong looking, men that stood on either side of me. They were dressed in the usual staff uniform, white trousers and tops along with big belts with a huge sedative injection stuck to them, incase of emergencies I guess. My uniform was a simple green tunic-type top that fastened at the back, my feet were bare and my long, straggly, auburn hair hung below my shoulders in tangled knots. I hadn't washed in quite a while because the staff chose when to throw me into the cold shower for a wash.

It seemed that we were headed to the shower before the prison-like cubicles with telephones, to see my 'visitor'. When we arrived at the grimy shower room I was handed a bar of soap and the nurse took my clothes and pushed me inside with the instruction, "5 minutes,".

I can't describe how the cold water felt on my body. I tried to let go of all my troubles and imagine them being washed down the drain with the water. I ran my fingers through my wet hair and washed it with the small bar of soap. I cleansed myself of all my anxiety, of all my worries and completely forgot myself. It was the best five minutes in months. I slowly and gently dried my skeletal body with an old, worn towel that, for once, smelt fresh and clean. I was handed a new clothing item, identical to the last one and I dressed quickly. I stepped out into the corridor, refreshed and at peace for once. We passed several, identical doors before we reached a new corridor with double doors at the end. And then the doors opened....