Chapter III

- you can stay.

CHAPTER THREE: I WANT YOU TO STAY

- ♡ -

"Hey!" Seungmin shot his head up, started by the sudden voice. He looked over to the owner of the voice and blinked his eyes a few times. "You... you came!" He said, and a happy smile plastered over his face.

Hyunjin walked over to him with a grin on his face. "Of course I did!" He stopped when he reached the latter. "Happy birthday, Seungmin. " He handed him a small bag. Seungmin's smile widened, "What is it?" He asked, taking it in his hands gently.

"A cake. It's your birthday, isn't it?" Hyunjin chuckled, making Seungmin's cheeks flush red. "Thank you, Hyujin. I really appreciate it. " Seungmin said, and the taller nodded. "What do you wanna do today? Hmm?" Hyunjin asked him. The younger looked down embarrassingly and sighed. "Can...can we go to the school's rooftop?" Hyunjin furrowed his eyebrows but agreed, not thinking about it much.

They walked inside the halls of the empty school. Side by side, their hands brushing against each other's occasionally. Seungmin could feel his cheeks heating up. The proximity of their distance was a bit too much to handle. They soon entered the rooftop and walked towards the rails.

"Twenty-second September is a great day. " Hyunjin said, leaning on the rails. Seungmin blushed, looking at him with his dilated brown pupils.

Hyunjin took in a deep breath and turned towards the younger. "Let's cut the cake?" Seungmin nodded, a wide grin appearing on his face as he opened the box. It was a small cake, perfect for just them.

Seungmin took the plastic knife and cut a piece, feeding it to Hyunjin. Hyunjin did the same, smearing some cream on Seungmin's face. The younger giggled, wiping it off his face.

"Happy birthday, Seungmin. Thank you for blessing the world with your presence. " said Hyunjin, making Seungmin turn all shades of red.

"Stop..." He said shyly, and the taller giggled. "What~ it's the truth!" He said, and Seungmin chuckled. He slid down to sit on the ground, followed by Hyunjin, who copied the younger's actions.

"Can I put on some music?" Seungmin asked, and the latter hummed in response.

솔직히, 말할게 많이 기다려 왔어 너도 그랬을 거라 믿어 오늘이 오길 매일같이 달력을 보면서

솔직히, 나에게도, 지금 이 순간은

꿈만 같아, 너와 함께라 오늘을 위해 꽤 많은 걸 준비해 봤어

All about you and I, 다른 건 다 제 쳐 두고

"Day-six, huh?" Hyunjin said, making the younger chuckle. "I love them..." He said, and Hyunjin looked at him.

A moment of silence passed by. Hyunjin stared at the younger, who looked up at the purple sky in awe. The wind played with their hair like fingers on a guitar string, creating a beautiful melody of soundless music.

Hyunjin looked into the brown haired boy's pupils, trying to find answers for the questions lingering inside of his mind. Instead, he found sadness. Seungmin's eyes were difficult to read. It was as if the younger concealed his emotions, trying not to give away anything about him.

Seungmin was aware. Aware of the fact that Hyunjin tried to see through him. And he hated it, hated how Hyunjin could read his emotions like no one else could. Hyunjin was different. Different from the ones he met before.

"Thank you, Hyunjin. " He said, his eyes still fixated on the sky above him. Hyunjin tilted his head, "For what?"

Seungmin smiled, finally tearing away from the purple sky. "For coming. "

Hyunjin smiled, turning away from him. It was his turn to stare at the sky now. "Thank you for inviting me. " He said. Seungmin chuckled and leaned his head back on the wall behind him, embracing the peaceful silence yet again.

"Thanks for today, Hyunjin! I really appreciate it!" Hyunjin giggled, "I think it's time you stop saying thank you now." Seungmin shyly looked at his feet.

It was night. Both of them were departing their ways now, after spending long hours on the rooftop.

"So..." Hyunjin started, "See you at school. " He completed, and Seungmin nodded his head. Hyunjin slowly backed away, waving his hand to the latter, turning around to walk in the other direction.

Seungmin turned away to face the school building once again.

Let's get over with this, Seungmin.

He told himself and walked inside once again

Seungmin entered the rooftop and made his way near the rails. Twenty minutes to midnight. He said to himself. He smiled, looking up at the stars. The story I kept in a secret, irony trapped in an ecstatic dream.

Seungmin looked at his phone once again, ten minutes to midnight.

He kept a foot on the railing.

"Thank you, mom, dad, hyung... Hyunjin. " He said out loud.

Five minutes to midnight.

He kept another foot on the railing, throwing his phone behind him.

Two minutes to midnight.

He took in a deep breath, looking at the city below him.

One minute to midnight.

He slowly bent over and stood up straight.

Three.

Two.

One.

"SEUNGMIN!!" A harsh grip pulled Seungmin down. Seungmin's eyes widen when he saw a panting Hyunjin looking at him in horror.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING!?" He screamed at him, violently shaking his shoulders. Seungmin could only stare at him in shock, not being able to comprehend the situation well enough. Hyunjin wiped the tear off his own eyes and coughed. Seungmin blinked his eyes a couple times before finally speaking up.

"H-hyunjin... are you crying?"

"Of course I am you, idiot!!!" He shouted, tears still streaming down his face like a fountain. "I thought I l-lost you!" He said and Seungmin smiled with tears in his eyes. "How?" He whispered.

Hyunjin looked at him with disbelief in his eyes. "I-I turned around to walk home, b-but then my shoe laces came o-off so I bent down to tie t-them. " He explained. "Then I saw y-you go back to the school, I had a weird feeling, so I followed you up here a-and saw y-youㅡ" He couldn't complete his words and burst out crying. Seungmin hugged the taller tight and the latter hugged him back.

"Stay, Seungmin. " He mumbled in between his crying.

"I want you to stay. "

"I'll stay. " said Seungmin, trying to calm his own self down.

"Stay, for me. "

"I'll stay, for you. "