Chapter One

(I've typed this on a computer, so if the paragraphs seem to long I apologise.)
(This first chapter is horrible, and there might be even more horrible chapters in the future. In all honesty I in fact did not plan this out I'm just typing.) So feel free to leave because even I got bored.

Nine years old... Amin was nine years old when his father went missing whenever he went on a sea trip. Amin was nine years old when two police officers came to his door and told mom the news: "I’m sorry, Mrs. Barlowe, your husband’s boat supposedly overturned when the water got rough. All we found was his ID, but his body was nowhere in sight. We will keep searching." They in fact did not keep searching; ten minutes later they quit and declared the body gone and dead. We would have to hold a funeral with a body missing; it felt incomplete. Everyone thought there was a body in a casket below the ground, but me and my mom knew the truth, so I didn't go. I skipped the funeral and cried in my friend's arms; they also knew the truth about the dead body not being in the casket. Nine years old when Amin's mother quit talking to anyone three days after the fake funeral... I was nine years old when Amin's mother put him in a foster home because she didn't want to take care of him anymore. I'm not my best. I'll come get you when I'm better. Was all the note said when she gave it to me, and then a man and a woman came to take me away. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my friends, and my mother never came and got me.

I was fourteen when I skipped school to go visit my mother. The man and the woman, whom I now called Rome and Aayan, told me I wouldn't be allowed to visit. Of course, I never listened. When I went and saw my mother’s house, I got excited and was running to knock on the door, but seeing something in the window stopped me in my tracks. It was my mother... My mother and a man... My mother and a man with a child... My mother and a man with a child who shouted "Mama." when she laughed, my mother and a man with a child who shouted "Mama." when she laughed and then made the man laugh and kiss my mother on the cheek... My mother and a man with a child who shouted "Mama." when she laughed and then made the man laugh and kiss my mother on the cheek, and that made my mother look up and smile at him and then see me in the window in the corner of her eyes and turn and see me.    (Sorry if this is confusing I thought it was good at first but now that I read it over it was in fact very shitty but i'm to lazy to change it.)

I was too frozen to move, and we just stared at each other. "Mama, who is that?" the child said just then she ran out the front door. When she was outside, she came closer to me, but I backed away. "Amin?" she asked, and all I could do was nod. "Why are you here?" She asked me again, and just then the man came out. "Who is this, honey?" he asked her, and just then she started to cry. "I see you’re better now." I tell her, as tears also fall down my face, "Who are you?" The man asked as I looked at him and then the child who just came outside and glared at them both, "I’m her son." He looked at mom confused, "I thought you said he was dead." He told her, and my mouth widened. I stared at her with widened eyes, and I backed away. "Amin, please don't let me explain." I just shook my head when she turned around and ran. I ran without looking both ways, hoping for a car to hit me and actually kill me. I ran and ran, not knowing where I was going but letting my feet take over, and then my feet stopped. They stopped me in front of a familiar house. It was my friend Oliver's. I just stared at the front door, knowing if I went up and knocked, they would be surprised because if my mom told the man that I was dead, then they were probably told that I was dead. I stared at the house for a few more seconds, then turned around and was about to leave. Then I heard the familiar squeaky door open: Yeah, mom, I’ll be safe; don’t worry." The familiar voice said something, and the door slammed, and then silence. I knew he was looking at me, but he couldn't see me. I turned around, and my back was facing him. "Hello? Who are you?" He questioned me, and I stood there, wondering if I should walk away or turn around. I decided to walk away because there was no way he would recognize me. I couldn't walk away; his hand grabbed my shoulder, and he turned me around. "Who are you?" He asked me again, and before I answered, The front door opened, and his mother came out in a panic, and I knew then that my mother had called her and told her the news: "Oliver, honey, he's alive." Oliver looked at her, confused. "Who?" He asked her, and she opened her mouth but then closed it again when she saw me. She studied me up and down and then started to cry. She then continued to run towards me and pull me into a tight hug.

"Oh Amin." She sobbed, and I just stood there awkwardly, waiting until she let go. I looked over at Oliver, and he was already staring at me, but we didn't say a word; we just continued to stare at each other. Amin's mother finally let me go and squeezed my cheeks, saying, Oh, my Amin." She says, "Do you want to go inside?" She asked me, and all I did was shake my head. No, I didn't want to go inside. then everything would be too awkward. I don't like it. It's already awkward enough. "Ok," she said, patting my head, and then turned to talk to Oliver. Honey, I’m going to go make a phone call. Just stay out here with Amin for a while." All Oliver did was nod, and his mother patted his shoulder and went inside.

It felt like I was going to pass out. I’m too overwhelmed. The wind felt heavy. It felt like anything could push me over, even a leaf. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even see Oliver come up to me. The only reason I realized he was there was because he shook my shoulder. "Hey man, you look like you’re about to pass out. Come and sit on the stairs." He told me and led me to the front of the house.

We sat on the stairs in silence. I didn't want to break it. I had nothing to say. "So..." was all Oliver said before he went silent. It was like that for a few seconds he was about to speak, but every time he would close his mouth again as if he was scared or trying to think of what to say, and honestly, I didn’t blame him. I would be too.

"Are you really Amin?" He finally asked me, breaking this not-so-comfortable silence. All I did was nod. "You’re supposed to be dead," he whispered, and I looked at him in tears, then fell to my knees. "She really just told everyone I was dead?" I asked, "They." He started to say it, but I interrupted him. "Just to start a new family?" "To forget about me and dad?" I stood up from the steps and said, "Hell, if she didn't freaking want me any more, she could've just said so!" I yelled, "She could've told me instead of giving me hope that she would come back for me!" I then turned to him, and his eyes were wide and teary. He then stood up from the steps and went up to me and hugged me, and I hugged him back. "Ba. Amin, it’s not like that." He was stroking my hair. I felt his tears on my neck. "Then what was it like?" I asked, still crying. He looked at me and wiped away the tears on my face. "She..." He was interrupted when a car door slammed and a lady yelled my name, "Amin!"

I looked, but it wasn't my mother. It was a lady, a man, and a child. A woman who happens to look like her. At that moment, I finally gave in to the wind that kept trying to push me down. The last words that I heard before I fell into the darkness were from Oliver.

(If you made it to the end I would like to say that I'm sorry if you were suffering though this whole thing)
Rate 1/10
My Rate: an absolute 0