Sweeter Than Any Wine | Roronoa Zoro

Pairing: Roronoa Zoro x Strawhat! Reader

Warnings: nothing, but fluff and late night confessions

Summary: Zoro has had more than enough to drink to tell you how he feels about you.

**********

Waves crashed against the sides of The Thousand Sunny and the breeze in the air was crisp and cool. Darkness had fallen a few hours before and the moon was shining high above the sea, casting a bright reflection on the surface. A beautiful scene for a party in full swing. Anything whispered in the night could be forgotten by the morning or remembered but not mentioned. With the loud, raucous voices hollering across the deck and the food and drinks being passed between friends, it was hard to tell whos-who or who was where. Laughter and music travelled through the wind and out to sea, the sound of friends and a found family no one would be able to fully understand. Sure, it was small, but it was where everyone was happy.

And where Zoro found himself drinking another bottle of the wine Sanji had brought aboard. It was a sweet wine, but alcohol was alcohol and Zoro never discriminated against any liquor. He was enjoying the party as much as the rest of the crew, but he found himself watching you the most. Many times he smiled as he saw you smile, he even laughed at your bad jokes and terrible impressions. Sometimes he just watched the way your lips moved when you spoke or how your body moved. Although when he did do that, he felt like Sanji when the idiot is around woman. Though, he didn't quite care since it was you.

Within a few hours the party began to dwindle to the crew falling asleep on the deck or in their respective rooms. Zoro watched as they all said they're good nights and left, leaving him to his rather alcohol muddled thoughts. Thoughts he couldn't run away from even while sober, thoughts of you. Sure, he knows why he thinks of you so much. He's not immune to how his heart feels when he's with you, he's still 21 and a man. He's not blinded by the emotion, but he definitely knows when his heart takes over his decisions. It always happened in times of dire circumstances, but recently he felt that same tug on his heartstrings when he talked to you or did things with you. It was like his heart needed to be close to your own.

He shook his head and groaned at the entire notion. He wasn't supposed to be getting involved with anyone before he achieved his dream, he didn't need his sight to be rose colored by the way you made him feel in your prescence. As much as a welcome distraction you become when he's trained all day or when you sit across from him at dinner and steal glances. You were too good at staying in his heart and on his mind, the thought made his face and neck warm. He blamed it on the liquor running through his bloodstream and made his way to the Crow's Nest. As drunk as he was, he debated on sleeping or training to sober.

"You should probably sleep with all the stumbling around you're doing, Zoro."

Your sweet voice rang from behind him and he turned around, "What are you doing here?"