2. first aid

✦✧✦

✦✧✦

The building they managed to crawl inside seemed to be a boutique store, racks of clothes lay untouched in the room that was dark despite the sun filtering in though the blinds. At least one hour had passed since they had been separated from the others.

Peeking out through the blinds, Chishiya watched as the King of Spades blimp drifted off and out of sight. "It looks like he's moved on. We should be safe."

Standing up from behind the rows of clothes, Kazumi let out a sigh of relief. Taking advantage of the calm of the moment, she thoroughly inspect their surroundings.

It seemed the shop was fairly pristine, although one rack of clothes had been pushed over towards the front. The register had been emptied but not forced open, someone with a key taking the money in a panic.

A mirror sat against the back wall of the shop, drawing Kazumi's attention. The reflection staring back at her was undoubtedly her own, but worse off than what she remembered.

She had noticed the scrapes on her hands and her bloody clothes earlier, but soot from the explosion and a small tear in the shoulder of her top from the crawl through the broken window now caught her eye.

Walking into the reflection of the mirror, Chishiya looked angelic in comparison. Soot gathered on the edges of his cardigan, but the dye of the clothing hid it well.

"You should get that cleaned up." He nodded towards her hands. "There should be a bathroom somewhere in this building."

Kazumi nodded, heading over to the only door leading further into the building, with a large 'staff only' sign written across it. Sure enough a bathroom lit by a small window was attached to the staff room.

Turning on the sink faucet, she ran her hands under the cool water, clenching her teeth at the painful sting. The water turned a rusty brown from the dirt and blood, and she took the opportunity to rinse off the blood that spattered on her.

Patting her hands dry on her clothes, the door opened to reveal Chishiya, who had ditched his cardigan for an athletic jacket. Noticing her halfhearted attempts at cleaning her wound he set down a small bag she hadn't noticed him holding before on the counter.

"Let me do it."

Silently agreeing she pushed herself up onto the counter and held out her hands. Gently holding them with one hand he used the other to open the bag he'd set on the counter. Inside was a variety of first aid items, from witch he took out a pair of tweezers and began removing debris which hadn't rinsed out under the water.