chapter one

[For context, this takes place before the main story and patty isn't in the picture]

  I haven't gone to school in two days. I miss my friends. I don't care much for school, but I sure do miss stupid Steve. The motorcycle boy came back from a week long "adventure" yesterday. Boy was I glad to have him back. I was so sick I could barely get out of bed and if no one was around to keep me company, I'd find a way to get up. He stuck around long enough to make me comfortable, but didn't stay long enough to keep me that way. I figured since I wasn't bed ridden anymore, id go do something. Shoot pool at Benny's, start a fight, mess around with some girls, whatever would make me not feel so alone. It gives me the creeps.

  I stumbled out of the apartment building realizing that school would be getting out in a minute or two, maybe I could catch Steve on his way home and convince him to hang out with me or something because if I'm being honest, I don't want to go to Benny's right now. I don't want to start a fight right now. I don't want to mess with some girls right now. I want to see Steve. I know it hasn't been that long but to me it feels like it's been forever since I've seen his stupid face.

I didn't see Steve walking out of the school building when I got there. Maybe he had detention. Who am I kidding Steve would never get detention! And Steve always left school right as the bell rang because if he didn't get home from school right away his dad would scream at him, and his mom would get so worried she might pass out. I saw some of my other friends though. I said hi but kept the conversations considerably short because I wasn't really up to their usual nonsense. I decided id walk into the building just for fun, when I suddenly run into coach Ryan in the halls. "Rusty James! Where ya been? Good to see you. " he exclaimed. "I'm doing fine. Did Steve show today? I'm having trouble finding him. " I dodged the question because I didn't want to make small talk with him. "I'm pretty sure hes been in the Councilors office since last period. " he said as he pointed to Mr. Harrigan's office. "Thanks coach Ryan. See you tomorrow" I said walking off without giving him time to respond.

  There goes my nice day off. I'd have to see Mr. Harrigan. If you can't tell already, I'm not very fond of him. Almost like a godsend as I go to turn the corner to his office, I bump into Steve, but of course I didn't know that yet because I was holding my head in my hand. "Geez watch where your going!-" I yell but stop when I realize it's him. "Sorry Rusty James! I wasn't looking..." He apologizes. "Whatever I'm over it, why we're you in the councilors office?" I inquire. "Long story. I don't really want to talk about it. Why weren't you at school today? "
He says as he continues walking out of the building.

[Authors note: hi everyone! Thanks for reading chapter one :) I know there aren't alot of people who actually ship this but I don't care I'm following my heart. I don't even know if I'm going to make a part two so we'll see love you! -Rjsgirlfriend]