Chapter Six

Carbs and Gage got into the limo to see Frank sitting in the seat across from them.

"Oh, hey dad." Carbs mood immediately shifted to be more shut down.

"Hello Carbohydrates. Hello Gage Parnorm Witherwilt."

"Hello?" Gage said, confused.

"I looked into your background. You own Vintage Wheels Equestrian Centre, your father's name is Alfred, and you have a blogging site called 'My 4 Stalkers.' Interesting enough, it seems like Carbohydrates isn't really your girlfriend. Maybe I'm reading into it wrong but I was just curious." Frank said while glaring at Carbs, who fell silent.

"Well Carbs is my girlfriend, see that blogging site is all just a joke and-"

"And you have a photo of this blue haired girl kissing you on the joke site?" Frank questioned.

"Cassie is just a friend-"

"And so is Carbohydrates as far as I can see. Carbohydrates, you are such an utter disgrace to this family. Moving to New Zealand, wasting your time on this so called 'sport', and not even having a real boyfriend."

"She isn't doing anything wrong."

"I've had it with you, Witherwilt. You're either staying in a motel or going on the first plane back to New Zealand. Your choice. But Carbohydrates on the other hand, is to be sent to some sort of finishing school. Maybe they can deal with all this nonsense."

"...yes father." Carbs replied quietly as the limo made it's way to the Cocoa Estate.

When they arrived back home, Gage was sent to pack up their things, and Carbs went to help.

"How do you put up with him?" Gage asked angrily while shoving their clothes into their suitcase.

"I just comply. That's really the only way with my dad." Carbs said, handing Gage the piece of paper reading 'Mrs. Carbs Witherwilt'. "A keepsake, just in case I'm actually not able to find my way back to New Zealand.

"Carbs he can't do this, you're 21. You can cut him off."

"Yeah but how do you think I would get money to run my barn, to pay my rent??"

"I'll pay for it." A voice said from the door.

"Mom?" Carbs ran up to her mother, who was holding a load of cash.

"Your father has been mistreating you since you were born and I never did anything about it, but this is too much, even for him. I'll continue to send you money, just go on that plane back home." Joyce spread out her arms and the two headknifettes hugged.

"Thanks for actually being a good parent, unlike Frank." Gage said as they took a sip of kale juice.

"Thank you, Gage, and though you 2 aren't dating, I think some mini Gages running around with headknifes would be pretty cute."

Gage spat kale juice out their nose. "Uhm- uh-"

"Awe, Gagey, are you flustered? You don't want me to carry little Gage Jr?" Carbs asked jokingly.

"Hell no."

"Alright then let's get to the airport. Carbohydrates, you are NOT allowed to bring any blueberry pie suitcases. You do this every trip."

"You're no fun, mom."