Jet Setters

Chapter 1 - Jet Setters

I drag my bag down the staircase but when I reach the bottom I almost fall over. I let go of the bag and grab the handle on the staircase to keep me from falling, the bag however falls down the last couple of stairs but I just thank my lucky stars that I am fine. I push the bag into the entrance hall of my big house and leave it standing there while I head to the kitchen to go see my mom. "Olivia, you look beautiful, are you ready to go?" She asks me and I smile. "Thanks mom, yeah I have to wait for Charlotte to pick me up then we'll be on our way to the airport." I say to her with a big grin on my face.

Charlotte Hemmings is my best friend and we are going on a vacation to visit her family who stay in Australia. I am originally from England but Charlotte is from Australia and she's been staying in England because we both study at Oxford University. We're in our third and final year and since it was summer vacation we decided to head out of the country and go on an adventure.

Charlotte pulls up in front of my house and the driver hoots. My mom grins at me because she's just as excited as I am. She hands me my passport and an envelope. "Don't spend it all in one day." She winks at me and I smile widely at her. "I'll call you when I land." I say while hugging her goodbye. I go out into the entrance hall and drag my bag to the front door. I swing the door open and Charlotte is standing in front me grinning from ear to ear. "Are you ready?" She squeals before engulfing me in a hug. "Some help please." I gesture to my huge suit case which has three months worth of clothes stacked inside. She giggles and calls out to the driver to come and give us a hand. He drags my bag to the car and shoves it into the boot as my mom waves us off while we slide into the backseat.

We speed off and Charlotte turns to me. "So there has been a little change of plans." I look at her with my eyebrows raised. "It turns out that my brother and his band mates are going to be staying at the beach house over the summer and they've invited some other guys from another band to come along for the ride too. My friend Carly who is already in Australia is meeting us at the airport and we're going to stay at the beach house for a proper vacation." She informs me. My heart starts to race. Charlotte's brother is Luke Hemmings and his 'band mates' are joining us on our vacation along with a few other boys from another band?
Charlotte's brother is in the popular Australian band 5 seconds of summer and I know they're good friends with the popular British boy band One Direction... I stay quiet for a while and Charlotte grins at me, "Yes Olivia, One Direction is joining us on our vacation." "Luke is excited to see you again." Charlotte adds with a wink but quickly changes her attitude by making a gagging sound. I roll my eyes at her and laugh.

Fortunately for Charlotte she's used to the fame and being in the spotlight because of her brother. She's met the boys and even had a fling with Harry Styles before which was all over the news. I however just get called her "British side kick" or "brunette friend" whenever the tabloids decide to print something about her and post the worst picture of me possible. I on the other hand am not used to being around "famous people", well except for Luke because we did have a little fling when he visited Charlotte in England a few months back but now you can see why I would be freaking out inside.

Once we've pulled up to the airport, Carl our driver, takes out our luggage and puts it on a trolley before rolling both suitcases into the crowded building. Charlotte lifts up her Iphone and faces it towards us. "Airport selfie!" She cries ending with a giggle. In no time at all I get a notification on my phone saying I've been tagged in an instagram picture. I look at the picture and smile, we both look so happy and Charlotte's caption underneath the picture reads,
"Jet setters - Australia we're coming for you."