Inquest - chapter 3

In the afternoon a women came into my room, she was the first female I've seen around here.

She had blond hair, tacked up in a tight bun. She smiled friendly.

" I brought you some food, my dear." She had a sweet voice, like sugar. The way she called me "my dear" made me diced to not like her. I were her prisoner, not her friend.

She couldn't change that.

She placed the tray on the chair and my stormatch reminded me how hungry I was. I tried hard to not throw myself over the plate. For once the food looked really tasty, mabye they've poisoned it?

" Is this poisoned?" I asked the women.

She laugh and walked to the door.

"No, we don't want you to die.." she turned to round and faced me. "...yet."

The awful smile on her face grew bigger and she left me alone. The last word hanging in the air and rang in my ears, again and again.

I was right about that bitch. I didn't like her.

When I had finished my meal the guards came into my room.

Like the last time, they dragged me to the oblong room and Mr Edullo stood by the window, like the last time. Everything was the same, except one thing.

The chair, or deathmachine, was gone.

The guards put on a pair of handcuffs and then left the room.

Mr Edullo was standing facing away from me and looking out throw the window. He slowly turned around and met my gaze. His face was blank.

It made me feel cold and lonely. I wanted to turn around and run away from Mr Edullo and his guards.

I wanted to feel free, I wanted to be able to decided over my life again.

"So..sweetheart do you feel better?" He smiled at me but I just stood there and starred at him.

"Good...let's play this little game I like, shall we?" his smile grew bigger.

It made me willing to start fighting, to prove I didn't accept to be their prisoner.

I stretched "I can play games" I got up to him "But then they should be on my terms"

I could feel the adrenaline pumping throw my body. I tried to control my heavy breathing and clear my thoughts.

For the first time in this freaking place I felt an crumb of control. Like I could setting requirements.

"Really...it's goes like this honey, I ask you a question and you answer.." His fingertips touched my cheek and made me shudder.

"Then I want something in return" I said and quickly moved away from him.

Hi smiled and turned to face the window again "We'll se how you're doing"

"Fine" I said short.

The time went past really slowly. He had walked around in the room and asked insignificant things about my time in their prison.

It was quiet hard to remember some of the things that had happened. The first days our maybe it was hours here was blurred and incoherent.

I got the feeling that he was testing me, to see if I had anything against them. Like I wouldn't.

Soon the questions starts to approaching the time before I've got kidnapped.

"So who is your best friend" He had ones again come to me and squatted in front of me. His dark eyes looked intently into mine as he spoke.