beautiful night

It was a beautiful night, where the stars are shining brightly. It was a beautiful night, what could go wrong? Sitting in the car with someone you love admiring the bright stars in the sky, what could go wrong? 

"What a beautiful night, don't you think?" she said

"It is a beautiful night." I said

"I wish you don't go, I want you to stay, here with me." 

"I can't, it's my dream, I have to go." 

"So you just leave me alone in this city?"

"I'm sorry, but you're not alone."

"Tell me why i'm not alone?"

"You have sisters that love you, you're not alone."

"Okay I accept that."

We sit in silence while admiring the stars, that maybe is the last time we met each other.

"By the way, what are you going to do while I'm gone?"

"I want to try drawing or become an illustrator if you want something exact."

"That's good."

We sit in an uncomfortable silence, until she asks.

"What about you? what will you do when I'm gone?"

"Pursue my dream of course."

"What is your dream to be exact?"

"Become a successful person or become a programmer if you want to be exact"

We sit in silence again but it's different from other silence from before, it's more accepting the silence. Then we drove to a nearby minimarket before taking her home to say our goodbyes.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Something that last forever?" she said

"So you want a toy? because that's maybe the only thing in a minimarket that's eternal."

"Well anything, including a toy."

"Okay, I will buy you a toy car."

We both smirk at that weird joke.

I went in to buy a toy car, like what I said. But in there I see a chocolate bar, which is not eternal but I thought of giving that chocolate for her.

I went to the car and gives her both items.

"Wow, you really bought me a toy car and a...chocolate bar thank you."

"No problem."

"And before taking you home, I want to say that I think that we love each other but in a definitely wrong time."

"We do really love in definitely wrong time, but i tell you what, let's make this a lesson for the future, both of us."

"I really don't want this to be a lesson."

"Okay if that's is the case, we will still contact each other, but I will remind you that long distance relationships rarely work."

"Rarely."

"Yes, rarely work."

In my mind I'm just thinking what do i have to do to be with her again?

"Okay, while you're studying abroad, let's be best friends, who support each other."

"Yeah, I will accept that."

Then I take her home.

"Goodbye, and good night." i said

"Goodbye, and good night to you too."

That's the goodbye, yes that is the goodbye, short and not romantic at all. But I tell you what, it's a meaningful one.

It was a beautiful night, and nothing goes wrong. It was a beautiful night, the day we said goodbye. It was a beautiful night, and a remembered one.