Chapter 4. Chartreuse Green

You unknowingly had a massive adrenaline rush. You sped through the continuous hallways finding nothing but painting and the occasional queen faced vases. You eventually found yourself on the second floor. Still, rushing with adrenaline, you ran through the hallways until, you saw a massive crowd of people. They all seemed to be looking at something but you couldn't quite tell because of the wall they had formed around it. You decided you were curious as well, but, how would you get through? You resorted to the only idea that came to mind. It was to shove your way through the crowd of people.

You had struggled to move through the crowd of swatchlings and others. You made it to the front, and what did you see? You saw a short man struggling to get out of what looked like.. Acid? It was the same exact color as the Queen's drink. It was a sort of chartreuse green. As you watched the man struggle you were horrified. His face was melting and his clothes were charred. You couldn't let this random man struggle and die like this. Everyone around you was too shocked to even move but, your adrenaline was still there. You dove in after him. You expected yourself to be in agonizing pain but it just felt like murky water to you. You felt all around the pool trying to feel a figure-like shape. You spent about 30 seconds before you had to take a breath. Suddenly, you saw a hand reach out. You swam as fast as you could to grab it before it sank back in. It slowly sank as you were swimming. You never did competitive swimming or even become a lifeguard and now you regret not taking any lessons or having any experience. Its hand almost sank fully back in like it was lifeless, hopeless, but you grabbed it right before it sank into the acid. You pulled the man out of the acid into your arm so he could at least breath. You swam as fast as you could back to ground. You made it to the red carpet and you saw Queen staring right at you. You then sat the man down on the ground

"Hello lovelies. Did you enjoy your little swim?"

"What the heck was that?!!?!?!? Why was this man in the acid!" You said while an "Oh!" face came onto the Queen's screen.

"No clue, someone must have hated him." She said while shrugging her shoulders.

"Hm, ok.."

You noticed that the man was almost lifeless. He twitched in your arms every so often and had static in his glasses but he would look dead otherwise. His face looked ever so familiar for no reason. You had never met or even seen the man in your life. His glasses were full of static so you couldn't tell what color they were. His hair appeared very messy but it still contained an excessive amount of hair gel. He was small, very small, probably about the size of a toddler but he looked fully grown. He was wearing a slick, black, suit whilst wearing a turtleneck. His rosy cheeks and continuous smile distracted you from everything else. He was unconscious yet still smiling. The smile didn't look like a gleeful one, it looked very pained and forced. You wondered if this man was even okay. He had cold skin, like a doll, made of porcelain in a way. It was incredibly smooth even with the burns on his skin. As you analyzed the man you began to notice the chatter of people behind you. Someone had seemed to be getting closer. You felt someone touch your shoulder.

"Hello! The name's Zinton, I see you saw my work partner there." The yellow figurine said while grabbing your hand tightly and shaking it. He looked at you with a constant smiling face that looked so slightly mad through his smiling face. He looked familiar, you may have seen him when you lost. "So, what brings you here, partner."

"Well-" You said then abruptly got interrupted.

"Zinton, stop tryna ask this new fellow here any more questions" He said whilst interrupting. The pinkish figure looked like he was determined to do something.

"Pardon me, Newton tends to have bad manners towards newer customers" He said while glaring at Newton.

"Ugh, guys, just stop! You are all clearly trying to make good first impressions but c'mon, you don't need to fight over one person." The blue figure said annoyed. He sighed then went back to smiling. "Sorry, my buddies over here aren't the best at first impressions." He chuckled "It seems we haven't happened to really introduce ourselves. I'm Peyton, and these are the other Addisons." He then pointed at the rest of the Addisons standing near the acid pool.

"I'm Zinton, as you already know." The yellow Addison said.

"I'm Newton" The pink Addison said while rubbing his hand on the back of his head because he was probably embarrassed.

"And I'm Clayton" The orange Addison said while flaunting himself.

"Well that was an interesting introduction, heh"

"Sorry for interrupting you, I just didn't hear your small voice. My brothers over here talk so loud I have almost lost all my hearing!" Blue addison said while chuckling.

"Newton, maybe try not to interrupt them while they are talking next time." Clayton said while scoffing.

"Ok, well, uhm, to answer your question Zinton, I'm not quite sure why I'm here. I heard a scream coming from this room and I had to know if everyone was okay. It sounds a little stupid but it's true." You said nervously.

"Interesting.... You are a lightner, correct?" Clayton said.

"Uhm, yeah, why you ask?" You said suspiciously.

"Oh, no reason," He said with a wide grin on his face.

You and the Addisons got very much accustomed to each other. You got to know a little bit about them and how they are the cyber world's most famous salesmen. Apparently, they came to the castle because they wanted to discuss business with her. As you talked you kept looking back at the man wondering if he was okay. Occasionally, the static of his glasses would get louder and would be quite interruptive.

"Wait, wait, wait, you're telling me, you are all famous salesmen that happened to be partnered with the Queen and practically run this place? You said, they affirmed.

"The Addisons and I have been here quite a while. We all know how the basis of the city works. But, what do we know? Peyton said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[AUTHORS NOTE]

I'm having way too much writers block holy- 

Sorry in advance for posting less often. This chapter was also kinda short, sorry. I will definitely be posting less often because of school and personal reasons. I hope you can enjoy the rest of your day!!!!