The Breakup.

⚠️: There's a description of a panic attack, so just making sure that no one gets triggered.

February 4th, 2020

Tuesday -- 1:29 PM

Taehyun's P.O.V

My tongue peaks out from under my lip as my hands run across the keyboard, my focus currently on the game I'm playing. I lean forward, anticipating a kill but am stopped when I hear the doorbell ring. I groan in frustration as the slight loss in focus disrupted my coming victory. That's when I remember that Chae asked to come over, her text was very straightforward and kind of scary. All it was was 'We need to talk.' and that was it.

Getting up and out of my room, I walk over to the door, opening it to see Chaeryeong's slightly darker brown hair blowing in the windy snowing weather. Her eyes are puffy and red, and so my first instinct is to think she was crying, so I lean in to wrap her in my arms but she stops me with a hand. Chaeryeong walks past me, goes right up the stairs and into my room.

Okay something's seriously wrong.

I follow her, my heart thumping, the suspense killing me. "Is it cause I left earlier yesterday?" I ask referring back to the brunch we had with her mother. Chaeryeong shakes her head, biting her lip, a habit she does when she's stressed and upset. I sit next to her, reaching to comfort her but to my surprise she scooches away from me, takes a deep breath and then turns to look me in the eyes. "Chaeryeong?" I say, my voice trembling, hoping that what I think isn't true.

There's no way my nightmare's actually coming to life.

Her eyes tear up, and her chest goes up and down the more she looks at me. As if she were struggling to breath, both her hands cover her mouth as though she were in shock. Her breaths come in horse and ragged. I instantly recognize that she's having a panic attack, I used to help her with them when her dad passed.

She hasn't had a panic attack in at least a year. On instinct I wrap my arms around her and rock us back and forth. However, my heart breaks when she lurches from me, it's like she can't stand my touch.

"Why'd you have to-to turn out this way?" She cries, her sobs coming in between her words. Now I'm tearing up, shaking my head I deny what she hasn't even said yet. "Why?! Tell me why you and my mom kept this from me!" Her shouts demand answers and I nod, knowing that our relationship is finished anyway. " I-I didn't do it, I was just-" Chaeryeong interrupts me with a scoff, venom in her voice as her eyes are filled with pure hatred. "Sure, no wonder you were at the graveyard that day. You were visiting my dad right?! And then what! you'd thought It'd be okay for you to...to make me fall in love with you!" I shake my head, "It's not like that, I swear it's not like that, I tried to distance myself from you but you needed me, you needed-"

'Someone' I finish in my head.

"I don't need you, I really don't. No matter how great you were 2 years ago or 2 weeks ago, you mean nothing to me now!" I bite my lip, tears pouring faster than her words and I can physically feel my vision turning to black. I go down on my knees pleading, apologizing and crying to the point Chaeryeong joins me on the ground. I shut myself up, hoping, praying that she finds it somewhere in her heart to forgive me.

I gulp, my heart flipping upside down when her hand caresses my cheek, I flinch at her touch expecting her to slap me or something. She looks at me with sorrow, as if I were already dead to her. I sniff as she wipes my tears while hers continue to flow down her cheek, I reach to wipe them as well but she turns her head slightly, not allowing me.