Chapter 2: The Forgotten Knight

Zanny and Ser Cedric stood before Prince Lucas in the courtyard of the royal palace. They were both exhausted and battered from the fight, but they stood tall and proud, their eyes fixed on the prince.

"I have a task for you," the prince said, his eyes scanning over the two of them. "As you know, we have been trying to root out the rebels for some time now, but they always seem to be one step ahead of us."

Zanny and Ser Cedric nodded, their faces set with determination.

"I have reason to believe that there is someone within the castle walls who is aiding the rebels," the prince continued. "I need you to find out who it is."

Zanny felt a chill run down his spine. Someone within the castle walls? It seemed impossible, but he knew that the stakes were too high to dismiss the possibility.

"We'll do it, Your Highness," Ser Cedric said, his voice firm.

"Good," the prince said. "I suggest you start with the forgotten knight."

"The forgotten knight?" Zanny asked, furrowing his brow in confusion.

"Yes," the prince said. "Sir Alderick. He was once one of the most renowned knights in the land, but he disappeared from the public eye years ago. He lives a life of anonymity now, but I believe he may have information that could help us in our fight against the rebels."

Zanny and Ser Cedric exchanged a look, both of them feeling a sense of trepidation. They had heard stories of Sir Alderick, of course, but they had always been shrouded in mystery and rumor.

"We'll find him," Zanny said, his voice steady.

"Good," the prince said again. "I wish you luck, and I pray that you find what you're looking for."

With that, he turned and strode away, leaving Zanny and Ser Cedric alone in the courtyard.

Zanny took a deep breath, feeling a sense of weight settle on his shoulders. This was a task unlike any he had faced before, but he was determined to see it through to the end.

"We should get started," Ser Cedric said, his eyes scanning the crowd. "Sir Alderick won't find himself."

Zanny nodded, his mind racing with possibilities. Where could the forgotten knight be hiding? And what secrets might he hold?

They spent the next few days searching the city, asking questions and gathering information. It seemed as though no one had seen or heard from Sir Alderick in years, and Zanny was starting to lose hope.

But then, one evening, as they were walking through a deserted alleyway, they heard the sound of clashing metal. They drew their swords and followed the noise, their hearts pounding with anticipation.

As they rounded the corner, they saw a figure in the shadows, locked in combat with several armed men. Zanny recognized him immediately. It was Sir Alderick.

They rushed forward to aid him, and soon the battle was won. Sir Alderick stood panting, his sword still in his hand.

"Thank you," he said, his voice hoarse.

Zanny and Ser Cedric exchanged a look, both of them sensing that this was their chance.

"We need to talk to you," Zanny said, his voice firm.

Sir Alderick studied them for a moment, his eyes piercing. "I know who you are," he said. "Zanny, son of the blacksmith. And Ser Cedric, once a great knight of the realm."

Zanny felt a surge of pride at the recognition, but he knew that they had no time for pleasantries.

"We need your help," he said. "