The Ninja and the Rat

Enid sits up in her bed and yawns as she starts stretching. She grabs her phone to check the time, but when she turns it on, she sees that she received an email from Dendy. She opens her email and it reads: “Check the news.”

Enid opens the news reports and her eyes widen at what she sees. She walks over to a sleeping Elodie and starts shaking her.

“Elodie, wake up,” she said as she shook the blonde.

Elodie groans as she wakes up. “Enid, You know I need eight hours of beauty sleep to stay this fabulous.”

“Look,” said the ninja, showing her the news report.

“BREAKING NEWS: PROFESSOR VENOMOUS HENCHMAN, FINK THE RAT WAS REPORTED MISSING. WITNESSES SAY SHE WAS LAST SEEN PASSING THROUGH THE DOCKS AROUND THE SAME TIME AN UNKNOWN SHIPMENT WAS BEING BROUGHT IN.”

“Oh, my. I may not favor these villains, but I hope she’s alright,” said Elodie.

Yeah. Do you think Dendy might know where she is?” Enid asked.

“Affirmative.”

Cheering could be heard in the background.

“Dendy?!” both teens exclaimed.

“Greetings,” said the young kappa.

“How long have you been in here?” Elodie asked.

“Well, technically, I’m not here,” said Dendy. As if on cue, her body glitched out for a few seconds.

"Hologram?" Enid asked.

"Precisely," said Dendy. “Anyway, meet me, Rad, and KO at my lab after your classes.”

The hologram Dendy phases away.

“What do you think she has for us?” Elodie asked.

“Who knows? You can never really tell with Dendy. We’ll just have to wait and see,” Enid replied as they both got up to get ready.

. . .

(Dendy’s Lab)

Dendy’s monitor displays a map of the docks as she types in some coordinates.

“While I was sorting out files in my monitor, I happened to receive a notification from the satellite locator,” said the kappa as she pressed a button and a red blinking dot appeared on the map. “It appears that my satellite has locked onto a tracking signal.”

“And what makes you think it’s from Fink?” Enid asked.

Dendy pressed another button and a 3D blueprint of what appeared to be Fink's collar appeared on the screen.

"I managed to retrieve the blueprints of Fink's collar through a backdoor in Venomous' network. One of its features is a built-in tracker with a specific code in its signal. I've analyzed the signal that was detected by my satellite and I've found that both signals have the same code. With this in mind, if there are any clues that point to Fink's whereabouts, they should be in the location of the signal," Dendy explained.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!" said Rad.

"I'd advise all of you to remain cautious. This is the sidekick of Professor Venomous. Her disappearance might just be an indication of something bigger at play here," said Dendy.

"Don't worry, Dendy. I'm sure it'll be fine," said KO.

"As a student of the prestigious POINT Prep Academy, this mission should be no problem for me," said Elodie, pridefully.

"Well, then, now that you’ve all briefed on the mission, let’s head out," said the kappa.

(At the docks…)