Uncomplicated 2

Chapter Two

Jason’s point of view

After that moderately disgusting lunch, Mandy and I had music. Not to brag or anything, but we were pretty awesome at that subject. Total teachers favorites. I paused and turned around when I couldn’t hear Amanda’s footsteps behind me.

“Amanda?” I called out, to see her lost in her thoughts, staring at a notice pinned up on the bulletin board outside our class room; her soft, dark hair pulled into a side braid, revealing her concentrated and innocent looking face, her fingers twirling her drumsticks. She turned around to face me, a smile slowly forming around her lips and her eyes twinkling. She quickly jogged a few steps up to me and took my hand in hers, tugging me to the board; a warm bush creeping up my neck softly.

“Jase…” I stared at her glittering brown eyes as she got all excited, and turned my head to see the notice.

Calling young musicians- Bands, solos, duets and all-

For a performance at St. Crown’s Café. Registrations on SUNDAY. Come prepared to audition, rock stars. Grand Prize $1000 for City winner(s).

For more info contact (1653xxxx) and ask for Mr. David Johnson.

Looking forward to your presentations.

David Johnson

President, St. Crown

“We are so auditioning” I grin at Amanda.

 See, Amanda is a phenomenal drummer, while I could play the guitar and do vocals. We were a perfect duet couple.

“We can do a duet! Just you and me!” she exclaims, reading my thoughts, and wrapping her arm around mine as we walk over to music class, ready to strategize for the big audition.

The final bell just rang, signaling schools over. The two of us took our bags and headed to my locker.

“So 5 to 8, my house?” She asked leaning against the locker next to mine, looking through her binder for a list of songs we came up with during music class. I nodded and got my stuff. Amanda didn’t have homework, so after that we just left. Thank gods for that. Her locker was much too far away from mine.

We got our modes of transports; her bike and my skateboard; and whizzed down the street, back home, racing each other. Soon we reached our houses’, and Amanda and I parted ways.

“Don’t miss me too much!” I heard her yell, before taking the bike across the back.

“I’ll try my best not to” I replied, snorting.

After eating my home lunch, I headed upstairs to check out some of the songs, their chords, range, difficulty; the basics. Most of them were pretty easy, basic chords and strumming. After a bit of research, I peeped out my window, to see Amanda’s wide open.

As our houses were weirdly placed on a U bend, the distance, to give more area or something, so the distance between the two houses were lesser, not your average road’s width. When we were ‘bout 10, Amanda and I made this rope way thing. We tied it on the oak trees across the streets. It was a simple, but sturdy bridge, made of thick ropes and medium sized wooden planks, and tied at a high level. We built it with Max and Ted’s help, Amanda’s two older brothers, who were pretty into wood work. We basically connected the two houses.

I watched as Amanda walked into her room, pulling her cap off and tossing it onto the bed, before twirling and falling onto the bed herself, taking in deep breaths.