Chapter 10

Y/N let out a relieved sigh as he took a sip of the steamy coffee.

In the beginning, he didn't like the flavor of coffee. Too bitter for his taste, but his father kept giving it to him since he was a coffee maniac.

After he passed away he took the custom to take one mug of coffee each day, to connect in some sort of way with his deceased father.

It could seem as silly, but he found it quite comforting to just have a moment of peace and think about the past. It was relaxing.

Y/N smiled as he chuckled to himself.

"Dad would kill me if he knew that I drink coffee with a little bit of milk..."

He didn't mind plain coffee but this morning he felt like adding a little of milk.

He felt much better now in contrast to yesterday. After that moment he shared with Kaa-La yesterday he felt so much refreshed now. Still, that lingering thought echoed in the back of his head.

Everyone was dead.

And he could have stopped it if only he had arrived earlier.

He shook his head.

This wasn't the time to think about that. He was trying to relax for god sake.

And about Kaa-La...

Well...

"What are you drinking?"

She asked staring at the mug in his hands intently.

"Uh? Coffee. It's a drink filled with caffeine."

"What is caffeine?"

"It's a stimulant, it gives you some temporary energy. To put it simply, it is something that helps you to wake up."

"Why do you drink it then?"

"Because I am not a morning person and when I wake up I am a zombie. Coffee helps me to bring out the human within me. Plus..."

Kaa-La found curious about his sudden pause.

"Plus?"

He gazes at the brown steaming liquid with a nostalgic smile.

"It's some sort of bonding between me and my deceased father. He loved drinking this... It may sound silly but it's something that makes me believe that he still watches over me."

"It's not silly, Y/N. Me too... When I am on a hunt... sometimes I feel the spirit of my mother. Just as if she's supporting and loving me even in the afterlife. I understand and respect this custom of yours."

Y/N smiled at her.

"Thanks, Kaa-La."

They stood in silence for about a minute but she broke due to her necessity of asking.

"How are you feeling?"

He understood what she meant and placed the mug on the table as he breathed out the hot air.

"Better that's for sure. But it still burdens me the fact that I could have done more... Do better. Plus... that Bad blood as you call him, he is still out there. Possibly harming more innocent people... I have to find him before it turns into more of a disaster."

Y/N noticed how his hands started to tremble slightly due to the fear.

A rough but warm hand was placed above his shaky one. He rose his gaze to meet her compassionate one.

"We'll find him. Be assured."

He squeezed her hand as well this seemed to surprise her slightly.

"Thank you, Kaa-La."