Six

Kayla's POV
I walk into my house as I just got back from school and am greeted by my parents.

"Hi." My Mom says.
"Hey." I reply.
"How was school?" My Dad asks.
"Okay I guess." I reply.
"Did you sign up for LGBTQ?" He asks.
"Well yeah." I reply.
"Well that's good." He says.
"Well, I've got homework to do!! See ya!" I say walking up the stairs to my room.

Bella's POV
"Hey honey." My Mum says as I walk in the door.
"Hey guys." I say.
"Did you sign up for LGBTQ?" She asks.
"Yeah, I don't know if I'm going to go through with it though. I don't really want people knowing..." I reply.
"Come on, everything will be fine!" My Dad says. "And who knows, maybe a friend will be there too!" He says.
"Okay, I'll do it. I've got to do homework." I say going to my bedroom.

The one person I hope to be part of the LGBTQ group is most likely not going to be there. Unless there is something she hasn't told me.

-=+=- Timeskip next day -=+=-

Kayla's POV
After school I walk into Miss. MacKenzie's classroom for LGBTQ. I sit down in a chair and wait for the instructor person thing to come in. As I'm waiting I see a familiar face walk in. Bella. She walks over to me.

"Oh I didn't expect to see you here Kayla." She says,
"I could say the same to you." I reply.
"So LBQ or just showing up?" She asks.
"Lesbian. What about you?" I ask.
"Same." She replies.
"Oh, cool." I say.
"Yeah." She says,

I could feel the awkwardness in the air between us at that moment. It's like we have been keeping a big part of our own lives from eachother our whole lives. But the thing is we were. We hid the smallest thing from every single person in our lives.

I turn to Bella and smile and she smiles back.

Just then the instructor person thing comes in.

"Hello everyone, I'm Mr. Jean!" He says.