Chapter 1

Sirens flailed through the dark star lit night. The city's lights illuminating Lena's dim pent house. The only other light coming from a few candles and her electric fireplace. Lena was slouched on her couch in the middle of the living room, it was white and as soft as a cloud.

She had a pen loosely in her delicate fingers and a small notebook laying on her bare thigh. Her pink lips tightened and a small crinkle appeared between her eyebrows, sadness glimmering in her green orbs. She attempted to take a deep breath but it came out shaky, she felt moister on her palms and put the pen and notebook down holding her hands in her face sighing. The idea of love has always been scary for the Luthor, love means vulnerability, risk, and from what Lena had seen in her life time so far it means a 100% chance of heart break.

She wanted to try to write down her feelings for once instead of storing them all away in little boxes, but the only word that kept popping up in her head was Kara. She had loved Kara as a best friend for years, she the reporter had knocked down her walls and stole Lena's heart in an instant, before the brunet had a chance to fight it. Kara forced her to trust her. And of course it ended in heart break, just like Lena had predicted.
She forgave Kara and mostly understood why her friend kept such a secret for so long, but even with that forgiveness she knew she was too afraid to open up to the Kryptonian in the way she wished she would, in the way she desired with every nerve in her body.

Lena's thoughts then rested, she grabbed her glass of red wine and swirled it around, her heavy glossy eyes spacing off into the distance. Subconsciously she began to imagine Kara feeling the same way for her, she got lost in the thought of how it would feel to embrace Kara, to feel her soft fingertips trailing along her pale skin. The Luthor blinked herself back into reality, taking a sip, or two, of her wine and scoffing at herself internally.
She knew she shouldn't be so desperate and naive, she knew it would never happen.

*Ding*

The raven haired woman picked up her iPhone seeing a message from the girl of the hour, Kara herself inviting her to come hang out with their group of friends at the alien bar in about 30 minutes. An ironic chuckle escaped her lips that were slightly curved up, her dark eyebrow arched up. Talk about timing. Hesitantly she agreed, the thought of sitting alone for the rest of the night felt miserable to her, she was already driving herself crazy. Although she knew seeing the reporter right now might make the situation even impossibly harder. Every time she sees her shes like the happiest person in the world and at the same time the most miserable.
It feels like you're ripping your own skin off when you're standing so near to someone you love that much, someone you constantly imagine kissing. It's torture having to see Kara's pink, soft full lips everyday and not being able to just simply lean in. Not being able to feel her body against her own. Not knowing how it feels to be held in her hands.

Once again the Luthor had to force herself out of her thoughts, because it's really not helping, it's only building up a false hope and she doesn't need unnecessary distraction like this and absolutely does not want to ruin her friendship with Kara.
__
Looking in the mirror the Luthor dabbed her lipstick just a bit with a napkin, trying to make it as subtle as possible tonight. She's going for a more natural look considering the time and place of meeting. She checked herself in the mirror quickly before leaving. Tonight she put on black skinny jeans and wedges, with a complementary flowy green blouse that made her eyes pop with little golden colored buttons on her wrist that she matched with her golden earrings. She ran her hands through her straight smooth hair one last time and headed out.

"Blue Beaver" she said at the door of the Alien bar, the little peep hole closed and the door opened, a middle aged curly haired blonde man gave her a nod to come in, to which she obliged with a small smile.