001

(TW: suicide attempt)

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

EMERY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR, hands resting on the marmole sink. She looked at herself in the mirror, not recognizing the girl on the other side. She thought of herself as a good person, the kind of person that people go to talk to, the one that won't judge you in any particular way, the one whose shoulder you can cry on.

She thought she was good.

If she thought she was good, then why her reflection appeared completely different? She was looking at her with a malicious smirk with her head tilted, and her eyes full of darkness and evilness. She didn't distinguish if it was her intoxicated mind creating this or if this is what she really looked like, what she really is.

Was she always this evil? She thought as she narrowed her eyes toward the devilish reflection of herself. Hoping for it to change and stop tormenting her.

Silence is all that you could hear in the apartment, the darkness of the night filled in through the windows. Emery didn't like the silence. Silence is a synonym for danger for her. It all reminded Em about last year's events, no matter how drunk she got or how high she was nothing could ever cease the horrid memories.

You are a murderer

The recognizable voice of Mateo Barrera was suddenly heard in the bathroom. Emery shook her head in denial, eyes wired shut, as she tried not to pay attention to those hurtful words that invaded her head. This had happened a few times already, and it never ended well for her. As she kept taking deeper breaths to calm down, she took a look again at the mirror.

She was still there.

She groaned as she kept observing herself, desperation going through her veins. Was she ever gonna be at peace with what happened? Was she ever going to be freed from the demons of the past haunting her? Unfortunately, she knew the answer.

Never.

She opened the cabinet underneath the sink, dragging out a bottle of pills prescribed to her name. She took three of the pills and swallowed them in a second. Emery was in need of something to make her forget about everything bad that has happened to her...the death of her friends, of Dewey, the last conversation with her dad, Ghostface. Everything that could trigger something in her, something that would make her like the dark reflection in the mirror.

Emery could feel her chest rising in a quick phase, how her throat closed by the second. Her hand went through her hair, feeling the sweat on her forehead dripping. She was feeling hot, overwhelmed. She didn't understand what was happening and that made things worse for her at that moment.

Feeling weaker, she fell down to her knees, grabbing the cotton fabric of her hoodie, trying to let some of the cold air into her body. The Carpenter girl lifted her head and looked at the ceiling, silently praying as the pain in her chest grew stronger by the minute. Was she going to die?

You're a murderer just like your sister

The male voice of her dad kept yelling at her, punishing her for what she had done in order to survive.  Hearing that from someone who she always looked up to felt like a knife went through her heart. At that moment, she hated that Amber didn't kill her, she hated that she survived only to be tortured every goddamn night from the single thought of it.