Part 2

Far in the west, way over the mountains, even at a distance, the sun could be seen. The big, orange cloud bank that rose high into the air and spread itself like a sewn blanket. Another day, same as the day before and before that day showing time moves on.

No contact between the two demon moons, Upper Two and Upper Three, has been made since that night. By then, the weather had changed from the unmerciful, grueling cold to a soft, blooming warmth. The deadness of the environment rejuvenated. It reveled in the thousand kisses of the rain that seem to come nearly every other day to remind mother nature of its beauty. It's not often that she is appreciated, so she happily shows off her work of rich, thriving fields of vegetation and fruits for all to take and share.

This is how it's always been. Another day. Nothing that hasn't been seen before.

Another day of the repetitive routine of sitting on a cushion that surprisingly has not worn down in all of years of its service or perhaps because of the proper care from the maintenance of the disciples.

People come to him carrying all their tragedies, insecurities, and sorrows and he tells them what they want to hear for which they wholeheartedly believe because he supposedly can hear the voices of the Gods and their words of wisdom. It's a silly fantasy humans made to make a meaning out of their lives. There is nothing to expect after death.

They get comfort from the lies, thinking things will get better after meeting with a stranger. They get upset at the truth when he tells them, so he opts to choosing his wording carefully even though it's still the same. Do they not see themselves? But, it's his duty as the Eternal Paradise leader to make them happy so he'll fulfill that obligation. When he devours them, he's doing them a favor to leave their suffering. Pitiful, it is.

That was it. That's what all this is. Reflex actions without further or deeper purposes.

And, in the act of killing to save lives - even with all the moral and cosmic justification that carried, he felt nothing.

The more he questioned himself, the less he could construct an answer. And overtime, even the "truth" he told himself wore thin. That's fine, his path never led to anywhere in particular other than when he became a demon willingly, to find the mysterious blue flower for a man he considers superior and worships.

That's when he, for the past years, became fixated on a particular martial artist with a stubborn, fiery attitude. Never has there been a dull moment with him. Right now, it seems to be that the fighter never leaves his mind. He wonders if Akaza thinks the same. Does he think of him like he does?

Doma has been trying to find Akaza's whereabouts with no success. Akaza doesn't come to his mansion unless personally asked by him or by necessity such as for information regarding investigations or orders from Lord Muzan. Problem is, Doma is truly unable to find him. He's checked everywhere, and by that, all the locations Akaza is usually stationed at. What can he say, detection is not his forte. His Lordship has prohibited Doma from using Nakime, master of detection and a form of transportation, unless given permission after his much misuse of her ability.

Douma took a breath and fixed an utterly false but believable friendly smile, and pushed open the door.

He walked down the corridor, passing by the many rooms, each decorated with vibrant but elegant colors to give its illusion of paradise. Believers greeted and smiled at him as he passed which he reciprocated. Others occupied the rooms either praying, tidying, or simple chatter amongst one another. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Normally, he'd engage with his people but tonight, there is a more important task at hand; He'll be sending a little gift to his friend who's been overdue for a visit.