Almost Sad Birthday (2/2) || 10

"what time did you tell them?" jimin asks.

"6:30," taehyung replies, "i sent out invitation cards, and even talked to some parents myself,"

jimin nods slowly, glancing at lily, realising that she's checking the time too and so is jungkook. the boy leaves her for a moment, walking towards the elder brothers, "why's no one coming? you told them the date and time correctly, right?"

"of course, i did," taehyung says, "i cross checked everything with jimin yesterday before setting out the invites,"

"it's 7:30, hyung," jungkook says softly, "she must be hungry,"

"i know," jimin nods, raking a hand through his hair, "ask her if she wants some snacks," jungkook nods, calling lily to the kitchen with him.

"she said she didn't want to invite anyone," taehyung mumbles, staring at his watch and gulps thickly, "i don't get these people..."

jimin says nothing, taking a seat on the couch, his arms crossed on his chest, questioning why not even one kid showed up to the party. glancing back towards the kitchen, there lily smiles at something jungkook said, eating the fries slowly with her hand. she's not as energetic as earlier, not as happy as she was when she first saw the decorations or when she woke up in the morning, getting birthday hugs and kisses from the brothers. it hurts jimin's heart, especially worse when she accidentally looks at him, giving a small smile.

he forces himself to smile back, opening his arms and nods subtly for her to come to him. so lily slips down from the chair, wiping her hand with a napkin and walks straight to jimin, sitting on his lap sideways. "are you tired?" he asks first.

"no," she shakes her head, sparing one last glance at the door and then at taehyung, who's still hoping for someone to arrive, "it's okay, oppa. let them be, they won't come,"

"uh i think—"

"it's okay," lily sighs softly, holding his hand and tugs gently as a gesture for him to sit down. jungkook glances at them, hurt as well, but says nothing. "it's actually good that they didn't come. i wanted to celebrate my birthday with my oppas and charley and coop,"

it's sad. it's heartbreaking to have a child like lily left alone. cruel to say the least for the world to be this impossibly harsh on a little girl, especially on her birthday. jimin takes a deep breath, pulling lily in a hug and presses a kiss on her shoulder, stroking her back gently, "you knew this?"

"kind of," lily hums, resting her head on his shoulder, "but i thought that maybe they will come if you call them,"

"why?" taehyung asks, "i mean, you didn't even want to call them. why?"

"because they're not my friends," lily shrugs her shoulders, pulling away from the hug and moves her hair out of her face, "they don't like me, and i don't like them,"

"did you fight anyone?"

"no, but it's uhm... what is that word..." she thinks, "it's... oppa, what is it called?"

"it's hard?"

"no,"

"difficult? complicated?"

"yes, compli-cated," she nods, "they say silly things about me. so i don't like them,"

"what things...?" jimin asks. lily's nose scrunches up, shaking her head as she gets up from his lap, holding his hand.

"i don't wan' talk about that. let's go and cut my cake," she says, "i wanna eat the cake. you ordered a chocolate cake right?"

"lily," taehyung stops her, "are you hiding something from us, baby?"

"no," she mumbles, looking down, "i don't wan' us to be sad now. it's my birthday. it should be happy... cake makes us happy,"