Chapter 1

Nithya's Pov

The place, the diary, which I called home, I left it all because of a stupid mistake of mine. I may be exaggerating but it was what the Ashoka tree was to Sita. Something to which I can share all my thoughts not expecting an answer. But its warmth was all that I needed to relax two perfect companions. But, is it mine anymore? Can I call the place mine now? Will he allow me inside at least to take Layla back with me?

I didn't think much before ringing the doorbell But each second after it felt like an hour. I wondered- more like feared- what would happen next. Will he be happy to see me again?Will he be angry? Will he take me in or push me out? And most importantly, Am I ready to face him? Will I ever be ready? Pushing aside all these thoughts, I noticed that It has been a few minutes since I rang the doorbell. I rang it again once, twice, thrice, no answer. Maybe he knew that I am here. Maybe he didn't want to see me. But, I just saw that the door key was at the same place Where I had left it before I left for Mumbai.

So, he loathes me so much that he never came back here. Our home I opened the door to see my place in a worse condition- worse than mine. Everything was in the same place where I'd left it veiled with dust. The place which was always a part of my future plans was now abandoned all alone with dust.

After cleaning the living room, I moved to the bedroom, The bed was unmade, the curtains half closed. Layla laid on the table opened. Layla is someone I share everything with. It carries the tale of my life.

20.9.2021.

Hey Layla,

I am Nithya. You like me or not, you're my friend from now. My second friend... Anu gets first place. She is my colleague. Only human being I talk to in my office. You see, no one wants to talk to me. I don't blame them. Like, who would like to talk to a person who literally buried their face in the laptop and walks around looking like a complete mess. But it's okay! I have you now. And my house. My mother's only gift.

21.9.2021

Hello!

Today was good. At least I didn't get a head full from that baldy-manager. Surprisingly, the cafeteria's lunch was good today. Like really good! There's a new buzz today. Seems like Anju and Vishal are dating. They'll make such a cute couple. I don't know when I will find someone who loves me. Oh- My pizza is here! Byeee! Time to binge watch CWC...

*****

Anu is my best friend. Unlike me, she's the joy of the room. She knew almost everyone in the office. She's 25, a year older than me. She had everything. Friends pets, parents, a partner, everything. But she made me feel comfortable in the office. She made me relax. Within weeks, we became best friends. And, She's the one who introduced me to him.

******

Hey darlings,

Welcome to this journey of Nithya. Let's see about the people around her and ofcourse, a lot about her too.

With love,
~Nila💜🌙